Our Client, one of a renowned oil & gas company is seeking to hire an experienced derivative (oil & gas) trader to join their growing team.
- Perform complex and impactful derivatives trades with a relevant responsibility level, for hedging purposes, following HQ's guidelines and according to joint operational planning and approval from the company's physical trading managers;
- Perform market analysis (quantitative, qualitative and technical) of crude oil, gasoline, naphtha, distillates, jet, propane, butane, fuel oil, in Asia and Global markets and prepare market reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis for internal use;
- Analyze the exposure to price risk of the physical and derivatives portfolio, propose and implement actions to adequate such exposure to approved limits and trading strategies;
- Negotiate derivatives instruments of crude oil, gasoline, naphtha, distillates, jet, propane, butane, fuel oil, LNG mostly in Asian markets, but also in global market, both OTC (Over the Counter) and/or exchange cleared contracts;
- Identify trading opportunities related to the company's physical portfolio, present and obtain approval for them, negotiate and execute trades up to pre-defined limits and risks parameters involving diversified third parties;
- Provide internally recognized technical and analytical skills acting as technical reference for all levels within the company.
- Actively contribute to the improvement of work practices, company's policies and training programs to the department and related areas.
- Proven extensive experience (minimum 1 year) in performing the activities as indicated in the job description in a large oil company, commodity trading company, or large bank;
- Proven extensive experience (minimum 1 year) in negotiating Oil derivatives (Fuel Oil, Crude, LPG, Gasoline, Naphtha, Distillates), both on OTC and exchange cleared markets, in large oil company or large bank;
- Be available to perform derivatives trades to company.
- Possess analytical skills and proven experience in both technical and fundamental analysis
- University degree (desired if in engineering, chemistry, logistics, shipping, business, finance or economics);
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Confident and excellent communication skills.
- Strong team player who is able to work within the team whilst at the same time, able to work independently to deliver quality output.