DevOps/Release Engineer (1-year contract)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an DevOps Engineer
in the IT DevOps & Tools Engineering team! !
- Working as member of the Digital Development team and collaborating with other teams (Testers, Infrastructure, Support)
- Managing application deployments to non-prod environment:
- Scheduling deployments to UAT in collaboration with Developers, Testing and Business team
- Verifying the prerequisites, performing or supporting the deployment and verification
- Managing application deployments to Prod Environment:
- Plan and Schedule releases to production
- Collaborate with Business, Support and Infrastructure team for production release
- Improve process and documentation to follow security and audit standards.
- Ensuring availability of applications and data on non-prod environment:
- Monitoring the health status of the application components through automated tests
- Troubleshooting issues in collaboration with other teams
- Set up and manage non-prod environments.
- Managing infrastructure changes to non-prod environment in collaboration with other teams
- Troubleshooting (analyzing and supporting the resolution of) infrastructure related issues on UAT and production environment in collaboration with infrastructure, network, and middleware team.
- Work with penetration testing team and our test engineers to ensure a quality release.
- Close collaboration with our DevOps Engineer, our Test Manager in the area of:
- Maintenance and extension of the automated continuous build/integration
- Automation of deployment processes
- Automation and application monitoring mechanisms
- Implementation of log aggregation infrastructure (ELK)
- Implementation of cloud based environment management and configuration management
- Strong knowledge in Release Management Process and Strategies
- 5+ years of IT experience and at least 5 years of experience in Release and Environment management
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, MacOS, Windows
- Experience with Web protocols and infrastructure (HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, DNS, CDN, reverse proxies, load balancers, firewalls)
- Experience with J2EE and .NET application build, deployment and basic troubleshooting (maven, Weblogic, Websphere, IIS)
- Experience with mobile app build, submission to app store and basic troubleshooting (xCode/iOS, Android)
- Good understanding of DevOps practices and tools (Jenkins, Cloud, Openshift with Docker, ELK)
- Good understanding of Agile Development practices and tools (Scrum, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, GIT)
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Team player collaborating and communicating effectively with teammates as well as other teams
- Taking ownership, get-it-done attitude, ability to help yourself and request for help
- Ability to deliver quality results despite time pressure
- Understanding of Quality Assurance and Risk Awareness
- Understanding of IT processes and policies in banking industry
- Flexibility regarding working hours
- Flexibility to work within a rapidly evolving environment