This role requires the resource to deliver blockchain or DLT projects for the bank. The resource will be required to collaborate with business and solution architecture team and ensure that project delivery is completed as per schedule. The resource should also be hands on and should be able to manage and develop along with the team. Strategy
- Awareness of the business goals and strategy in terms of delivering DLT and API solutions.
- Awareness of the general industry standards and practices for DLT and API.
People & Talent
- Awareness of the processes within SCB to assure successful and risk-free solution delivery.
- Capability to work with team and to delegate and claim responsibilities where necessary. Clear understanding of Blockchain technology and Cloud development environments and deployment patterns.
- Responsible for monitoring and assuring that design solutions or implementations are risk-free. In scenarios, where risk cannot be avoided, be responsible to identify and highlight it to the appropriate stakeholders.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsibilities relating to the direction, planning, structure, frameworks (e.g., processes and policies) and oversight. For example, Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas, Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage the expectation of the business stakeholders and ensure delivery as per planned schedules.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ years of experience in the domain
- The candidate should have full understanding of APIs, microservices and spring boot applications
- Blockchain related and Cloud related training and licenses and certification will be of advantage
About Standard Chartered
- Quorum / Ethereum / HyperLedger / Corda / Azure / IBM blockchains / Solidity / GoLang / Rust
- Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker, Ansible, Cloud, Virtualization
- REST / API / Microservices and Spring boot
- NodeJS, Python, Bash, Golang, Java
- Nginx, HAProxy, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- PostgreSQL / SQL / NoSQL
- Authentication, Authorization, Cryptography
- Architecture, Infrastructure, Solution Design
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers