About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities
The Digital Solutions (Enterprise Technology) team is looking for a fulltime Data Analytics Lead.
Co-located with one of our product feature teams, you enjoy the idea of being based in Singapore.
Each day, you'll be helping us understand, define, design, engineer, integrate, test, deploy and improve the best parts of our home-grown digital ecosystem to delight our human or robot consumers.
You're going to help us automate fundamental components with the broader bank, using open-source technology as a bias, and integrate them with the first -class development tool chain being delivered by your colleagues as part of the bank's transformation to a fully digital-native enterprise. Most importantly you're going to work with our technology and business clients to make sure we don't disappear into an ivory tower and deliver unusable product.
The most important characteristic we're after is that you are passionate data analytics engineer that places extreme importance on organizing and handling data with care - or however you self-identify your passion for data that when analysed will provide real commercial results as well as helping to generate a meaningful and impactful user experience.
You don't have to know everything, but you do have to have the potential to learn anything quickly - and pragmatically you should know a lot about some (not all) of the following disciplines: Discipline - Data Handling Examples -
Data Ingestion: Streams, Events, APIs, databases and files. Data Storage: Relational, non-relational and graph databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and neo4jData normalization: ETL tools and concepts such as Spring Data Flow and Kafka.Tool examples: Elastic Search, Kafka, Hadoop, Spring Data Flow and Talend. What does this mean
? - You know how important it is to handle data carefully and deliberately especially at the point of ingestion but even more importantly when it is used to drive an outcome.You understand engineering terms and why they are important to speak about during product delivery. Discipline
- Data Analysis Examples -
Strong experience using open tools such as elastic search, microstrategy, Qlik or tableau. What does this mean
? - You understand that the way you analyse data drives a positive product outcome because decisions, based on empirical data, drive the best user experiences. Discipline
- Machine Learning Examples -
Python, R, tensorflow, chatbot technologies like RASA and solutions such as mahout and elastic search. What does this mean
? - You see how machine learning can be used in interesting ways to drive recommendation engines, NLP for human interfaces as well as predictive analytics.
You're the kind of person that enjoys puzzles, logic problems and gains satisfaction from solving problems, likes communicating what you've discovered to your colleagues and clients in plain English, rather than encrypted acronyms, and working with your colleagues in co-located high-performance teams.
You'll be excited at being at the inception of a high-performance environment, and you'll enjoy being pushed technically and organizationally to do things 'the right way' as part of a world class brand.
Ultimately, if you're the kind of person that...
- Understands the importance that data plays in user-centric design and product delivery
- understand and relishes the term "this seems like an intractable data problem"
- loves to analyse and provide insight through data
- enjoys getting their hands dirty and solving complex data problems
- passion for improving existing data practices so that they can be more robust
- likes to propose, evaluate, and introduce new ways of working or technologies that will enable more successful data handling in the future
- can lead a guild of 5 or more data analytics engineers
- can be pragmatic and commercial, but never settles for mediocrity
- thinks that 'full stack' is only 'half the stack'
- enjoys the idea of building a highly agile developer and engineering culture together with your clients and colleagues
... then hopefully you're going to enjoy yourself in this group.
If you're good at being able to be effective in large enterprises, that will definitely be a strong plus, Standard Chartered is a large global financial services company, and communicating effectively across cultural and language barriers is a highly useful skill. Our Ideal Candidate
- 10 years of experience in Data Analytics
- Strong communicator with experience in agile working environments
- Experienced developer who has created, lead, and developed data aggregation, normalization, and visualization solutions in an agile development environment
- Experienced data scientist that has a passion for finding patterns in data and visualize these to developers or the end user
- Experience in working with large datasets to extract business insights & build predictive analysis models.
- Strong python based programming experience.
- Experience on machine learning in distributed computation world would be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of data storage technologies such as SQL, NoSQL and BigData solutions such as Hadoop.
- Strong technologist who keeps up to date with technology
- Motivated to do hands-on development and peer reviews
- Self-starter capable of identifying opportunities and delivering solutions on their own
- Strong knowledge of one or more popular data visualization suites such as Qlik or Tableau.
- A passion for data quality
- Undergraduate level qualification with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Full-stack development experience
- An interest or personal passion in Machine Learning: we will provide a unique opportunity and by supporting the successful candidate in training and honing this skill as the role develops.
- Breadth of technical knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud as well as development tools.
- Data Handling
- Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers