JLL's Debt Advisory team provides real estate strategic advisory services to corporate and institutional clients throughout Asia Pacific including providing optimal transaction structuring solutions for clients including Listed Property entities, High Net Worth individuals, Family Offices and developers.
Reporting to the Head of Debt Advisory – Asia Pacific, we are currently looking to hire a Director/Senior Director to join the team and help grow our Debt Advisory business. JLL’s debt advisory team directs the capitalization efforts for office, retail, industrial, hospitality, multi-family, and other commercial properties through various public and private capital sources.
Based in Singapore, this role will focus primarily on the debt and structured finance side of commercial real estate transactions. Responsibilities as a Director/Senior Director in our Debt Advisory team include originating, structuring, marketing, negotiating, and closing commercial real estate loans and debt or structured finance deals while also working to drive new business across the platform. The successful candidate will also be expected to train and lead analysts on both Investment Advisory and Debt underwriting. He or she will also be working closely with the broader firm and with Debt Advisory operatives globally.
- Assist with sourcing of domestic and international funding for APAC based property investments and developments and lead origination activities and on-boarding of new clients based in Asia
- Responsible for complex financial modelling of commercial real estate transactions including but not limited to life sciences, data centres, office, industrial, retail, multi-housing, hotels etc. and utilize market and JLL data / comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of investment advisory and financing packages and lead the production of capital raising marketing materials for property transactions
- Leverage JLL’s databases and be able to effectively utilize data to determine trends and prepare for pitches and meetings.
- Understand legal documentation for property transactions - review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
- Have a deep understanding of the property financing landscape in APAC and create optimal transaction structuring solutions for clients
- Maintaining a strong client focus and with Client Relationship Management (CRM)
- Developing personal skills in a way that benefits your career progression and the services offered by the firm.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in property or infrastructure capital advisory / transactions and/or property or infrastructure /investment lending with exposure to the above accountabilities.
- Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree [TL1] required in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Actuarial Studies, Business and/or Property related discipline and a Masters in Real Estate will be highly advantageous
- Strong understanding of real estate debt structuring/debt placement and prior transaction experience in real estate debt transactions is essential
- Ability to underwrite of various deal types: stabilized, value-add, ground-up development etc. Strong Excel skills a must and experience using the Argus software is a huge plus.
- Familiar with all real estate asset classes including multifamily/BTR and alternative asset classes such as Life Sciences, Data Centers, etc.
- Exposure working in an international working environment, ideally with experience in different regions across the globe
- Strong communication skills, Resilient, energetic and growth oriented with the ability to credibly interact with potential clients including Listed Property entities, High Net Worth individuals, Family Offices and developers
- Ability to handle more complex and independent deals and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of APAC leasing markets
You should also possess strong analytical, communication and team-working skills and be comfortable in dealing with people of all cultures and at different levels across Asia. You should enjoy working in a positive, dynamic, multi-national environment and be comfortable contributing innovative ideas, insights and suggestions on how to improve the way we conduct, present and communicate our expertise. You should embrace the latest available technology tools as leverage to source, prepare and deliver up-to-date, world-class data analytics to both internal and external stakeholders.
If that sounds like you, apply today!