This role supports CCIB Future Ready Workforce programme, provided dedicated change communications partnership. We are looking for someone who can tell a good story, who can understand and engage with our audiences, and be able to develop, drive and deliver a strong and clear communications strategy. This role will work closely with senior leaders and HR partners across CCIB and the Bank. Strategy
- Lead change communications for the CCIB FRW Programme, in support of and alignment with the CCIB Communications Partner.
- Develop, drive and deliver a coherent communications and engagement strategy to support the changes defined by the Programme, in line with CCIB and Bank's strategic priorities.
- Work closely with the FRW Programme Director, Project Manager and workstream leads to support and communicate change initiatives as part of the FRW programme.
- Support and advise CCIB MT/Sponsors and FRW leads on change management communications strategy, and that is aligned to the communications strategy of the business.
- Work with other Global Internal Communications and Strategic Communications Partners, as well as CABM Region/Country Networks to ensure the communications programmes are created and executed in-step with ongoing 'BAU' communications activities/strategy.
- Work closely with the transformation programme teams to communicate programme objectives and outcome clearly and effectively, and engage colleagues on the change journey
- Work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment
- Strong leadership, sound analytical skill and change management capabilities to work independently on transformation, improvement initiatives, liaising effectively with senior stakeholders and vendors on complex problems etc.
- Ensure that our Group MT and Senior Leaders are kept abreast of developments regularly and in a timely manner
- Acts as Communications SME for associated delivery teams, developing a position as trusted advisor and partner.
People & Talent
- Provide compelling visual storytelling and user-centred design thinking in designing joyful experiences
- Support the design and development of highly purposeful, creative and impactful tangible artefacts such as digital presentations, prints, videos and campaigns etc. Present design decisions to stakeholders, articulating rationales behind the chosen solution
- Draft content for campaigns and messages that is compelling, engaging and aligned to our strategic priorities
- Coordinate and manage video/infographic creation, townhalls and other employee engagement events, working with external partners where required
- To work with the wider CCIB and Change communications teams - playing a key role in elevating the overall capabilities around the domain and product knowledge.
- Manage the Bank's, and Group Internal Audit's projects and change initiatives in line with enterprise risk management standards, deploying effective controls and sustainable risk management processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Develop a sustainable, transparent and scalable approach to communications, that can be measured, benchmarked and effectively governed.
- Monitor transformation progress, report on milestones/successes and enable feedback to facilitate employee engagement and buy in.
- Align ECA change communications and transformation agenda to CABM and Group People & Culture communications strategy.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead CABM to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CCIB FRW Programme Sponsors
- CCIB MT Sponsors
- CCIB Communications Partner
- CCIB FRW Communications Squad
- Strategic Communications Partners
- Group Internal Communications
- Content Development and Management
- Corporate Affairs Brand & Marketing (CABM)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values. Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures, Multiple functions (double hats).
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ years of internal communications experience, preferably with experience in global change and transformation programmes.
- A dynamic and resourceful self-starter who can hit the ground running and be a change agent.
- Must have internal communications experience, preferably with experience in change communications programmes within a Financial Services setting.
- Background in organisational behaviour and change management would be an advantage.
- Must demonstrate creativity and a passion for innovation in your work, with a thorough knowledge of the latest communications best practice and trends.
- Strong creative, project management and organisational skills.
- Self-starter, independent, adaptable, proactive and resourceful.
- Strong team player, who can interact with colleagues at all levels.
- Able to manage and engage with senior stakeholders.
- Self-driven with ability to manage and prioritise multiple assignments.
- Growth mindset, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Understanding/experience in agile ways of working is a plus.
- 12 Months DC Contract
About Standard Chartered
- Brand Management / Marketing Strategy and Positioning
- Digital and Media Channel Management
- Organisational Communications
- Written Communications
- Relationship Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
Recruitment assessments -
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers