The Role Responsibilities
- Be the point person to support all FM related change requirements for Project SFX (Structural Forex Regulations) from Finance
- Work with FM COO, Product Control, FMO, WMPS & FM T&I teams in firming up the requirements & design the solution jointly for completing Phase 1 and Phase 2 of FM Migration requirements.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing and Dress rehearsals to ensure that proper conversion testing and downstream validation of the results is performed
- Ensure proposed solution and changes are aligned with strategic architecture or standard operating models.
- To work towards enhancing efficiency, control, data quality and regulatory compliance
- Finance Transformation Initiatives: Work closely with Finance Transformation teams to land the delivery of planned initiatives in Singapore.
- Singapore Finance Initiatives: Lead the team to drive activities within Singapore Finance that can be automated, streamlined and improved.
- Business or bank-wide initiatives: Support business/ bank growth by understanding impact of changes on Singapore Finance and coordinating and participating in testing where necessary
- Ensure end-to-end project delivery is managed and followed through across the change/ project lifecycle from i.e. initiation, providing and signing off business requirements, User Acceptance Test, Go-live and post go-live
- Escalate all change/ project risks and issues and ensure mitigating actions are put in place on a timely basis
- Define testing cases and approaches and ensure UAT entry and exit criteria are met.
- Identify users (onshore and offshore) and arrange training where applicable
- Log issues (UAT and post go-live), assign criticality and closely follow-up till full resolution
- Build rapport with Singapore Finance units and pro-actively communicate change initiatives at key milestones (Initiation, UAT, Issues, Go-live)
- For new initiatives, organise kick-off meetings with Singapore Finance teams to provide project background, scope, milestones and deliverables and capture impact of change across all teams.
- Partner with Technology and work collaboratively with respective Finance unit heads to achieve project objectives
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Build knowledge within the team via applicable training courses (internal/external)
- Coach back-up arrangements
- Contribute to team building and cohesiveness
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- MAS prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Unit Heads within Singapore Country Finance
- FM COO, Product Control, FMO and T&I teams managing FM Applications
- FOT and IT teams working on the change initiatives
- PMO team driving change initiatives
This is a contract role - Duration 12months. Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or Banking with strong experience in Product Control / Finance in banking sector.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Control and be well versed with FM products
- Must have first-hand experience in handling complex change projects
- Must demonstrate strong understanding of accounting control and reconciliation concepts and have experience dealing with complex accounting or system errors.
- Should be a resilient individual, a self-starter with good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Knowledge of Banking FM system flows and financial general Ledger would be an advantage
- Demonstrates strong FX and FM products booking & accounting knowledge including FM and Non-FM (WMPS) TP system linkages.
- Highly skilled in problem-solving especially on accounting topics
- Excellent track record in Finance or Product Control BAU to navigate through control issues across front to back
- Be astute and possess strong control mindset to understand issues at root causes quickly and influence changes at source that are sustainable and effective
- Strong Project Management skills to negotiate and bridge gaps between different functions to reach solution. Ability to deliver in a dynamic environment with multiple delivery deadlines
- First-class communication skills, written and oral; quick to grasp strategic concepts and able to explain them to others simply and with conviction
- Ability to work through a matrix reporting model, and to manage and influence indirect reports to make positive changes in process change
- Self-starter with the tenacity, drive and organization needed to manage around organizational obstacles
About Standard Chartered
- Change management/experience
- Working knowledge on FM products
- FM Product Accounting
- UAT Testing
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers