The Role Responsibilities
- An experienced Financial Markets Sales representative based in Singapore with a primary responsibility of covering Commodity Derivatives for Corporate and Commodity Trader Clients. The mandate will be focused on commodity flow business in Asia time zone across asset classes - Energy, Base Metals, Precious Metals and Agricultural Commodities. Responsibilities include but not limited to pricing and quoting clients, booking deals, calculation of XVA, RoRWA, ROE etc.
- Developing client relationships with key clients and originating new business will be an important part of the job.
The role is to cover the existing client portfolio of Commodity clients in ASA and GCNA with focus on developing new business opportunities with the Chinese space. In addition this individual will grow the structured commodity portfolio and originate new business and clients. Strategy
- Involvement with GAMS on accounts and use FAMs where applicable.
- Fully understand and utilize the Global Sales Manager scheme in order to drive cross border revenue
- Work closely with Trading, Research, Structuring, Credit, CIB, and Risk to drive collaboration and cross-sell with the IC space
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the Groups business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Manage, maintain and improve assigned existing accounts
- Drive and stimulate corporate marketing efforts
- Develop the Standard Chartered Bank brand
- Achieving assigned full year budget as per annual P3 document for client income from allocated clients. Within this budget, generate specific Financial Markets Product mix as per P3 Document
- Ensure the Bank's clients receive pricing and support, both in terms of trading and market information
- Responsible as Individual Contributor to revenue targets.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
People & Talent
- The role will involve liaising with clients and executing trades and orders in line with SCB's policy and procedures consistent with all FM Sales staff globally including Order Handling, Record Keeping and Best Execution
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate frameworks and operational infrastructures are in place to enable the business processes to be efficient, appropriate and compliant with internal policies, procedures, codes and applicable external laws and regulations
- Monitor the utilization of each client's trading limits with SCB, obtain specific approval for any excess likely to arise as a result of a particular transaction
- Continued provision of best in class service to help build the financial markets relationship.
- Taking responsibility for the global financial markets relationship for key clients where appropriate. This will require liaison with Relationship Managers and SCB product specialists in other regions in which clients are active, to help build the global franchise with dedicated coverage accounts.
- Take ownership of all aspects of service delivery to the client within financial markets, including support functions such as operations.
- Assist in setting up adequate infrastructure to facilitate dealing (book platform, PPG, CA monitoring, seeing approvals with TCRM/GMR/LC etc)
- Drive/follow Financial Market themes and key initiatives and close alignment with the risk books
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure active communication of vision, priorities and progress to the business to foster engagement, awareness and motivation
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice.
- Adherence to all Group Policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others.
- Commitment to Group Code of Conduct
- Timely completion of all e-leaning, attestations and requests for information.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to 'speak up' in the event of any realized or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Internal: Trading, Structuring, MTCR, Operations, Risk, Credit, Legal & Compliance, CCIB Coverage, TB, Ecommerce Sales
- External: Key clients and potential clients, Local Regulators & Other Government Departments, Competitors
Our Ideal Candidate
- An outgoing personality with good people skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self motivated and driven to succeed
- Independent and self-reliant but also able to work as a team
- Experience in the physical commodities space preferred
- Understanding of commodity value chain across production, trading and consumption
- Proactive and engaging. One who makes things happen instead of waiting for things to happen
- A team player that is willing to help between commodities team to ensure business continuity
- Analytical mindset and ability to solve problems
- Existing client relationships with Chinese SOE and independent refiners preferred
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 7+ years of experience in Commodity Derivatives for Corporate and Commodity Trader Clients
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; i.e. standards required for roles
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations; i.e. internal/externally required
- Professional Memberships; i.e. required for roles for continuous development/ improvement/awareness of current practices etc
- Bank training; i.e. mandatory & developmental - role specific, and regulatory/compliance bank wide & role specific,
- Languages: Business Communication
- On the job training on booking and pricing systems
- Structured learning as per MAS guidelines for RNF representatives
About Standard Chartered
- Data Analysis Tools
- Knowledge of Customers
- Operational Risk
- Operations - Back Office - Products Options & Exotics
- Problem Management Process
- Sales Support and Administration
- Sales Systems
- Service Excellence
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers