Director, Desktop Virtualization Architecture
JobDescription : Director, Desktop Virtualization Architecture The Role:
The Desktop Virtualization Architect will provide thought leadership on Workplace Services virtualization computing technologies and policies, provide product lifecycle management to VDI infrastructure and work with outsource provider to ensure operational excellence. The Impact:
- Provide thought leadership on desktop virtualization technology, strategy, innovation and operations. This technology is currently used by more than 15% of SPGI's workforce.
- Manage the implementation of virtualization technologies to enable business value and expand adoption in new use cases.
- Act as a change agent, driving modern desktop virtualization capabilities to increase user productivity and serve as an industry differentiator.
- Develop and maintain desktop virtualization roadmap, leveraging industry best practices, SPGI Digital Infrastructure strategy and business requirements to align technology to business needs to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Interact with key business and IT stakeholders to proactively identity business problems and opportunities that can be addressed with innovative technology solutions. Be able to translate business and regulatory requirements into technical requirements.
- Ensure product engineering and lifecycle processes are followed.
- Ensure enterprise standards, goals and compliance policies are maintained and enforced in the desktop virtualization services area.
- Oversee and lead/drive the implementation of key enterprise initiatives related Virtual Desktop computing technologies.
- Present to senior management desktop virtualization technology-related issues and trends.
- Serve as primary liaison to vendors in this technology space.
- Partner and work collaboratively with various IT groups to influence their future technology decisions to optimize the desktop virtualization service.
- Create, socialize and implement policies and supporting processes.
- Provide operational, engineering and architecture governance over our managed service provider.
- Serve as Tier 3 support for managed service provider when required.
- Provide back up support to team colleagues in the areas of non-virtual desktop and mobility engineering.
- Contribute to other Workplace Services initiatives.
S&P Global Corporate
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years' experience in infrastructure engineering.
- 4+ years' Experience in VDI Engineering. Citrix XenDesktop VDI experience preferred, but other VDI technology experience also acceptable. Cloud VDI experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other desktop virtualization technologies, such as Desktop as a Service (DaaS), terminal server and client-based virtualization technologies.
- Experience with managing lightweight endpoint devices (thin clients, Chromebooks, etc.) used to access virtual desktops.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Configuration Manager, Active Directory and PowerShell scripting (3-4 years minimum).
- Experience in implementation of services using the above technologies.
- IT Operational oversight knowledge is a plus, especially with a managed service provider.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.