The Role Responsibilities
The Director Ecommerce supports the Global Head of Collections in driving and delivering the strategy for eCommerce and overall Collections products. The job holder is accountable to deliver the specific initiatives, innovations and commercialization agenda for S2BPay.
- To deliver a seamless digital collections experience for our client base.
- To deliver the Collections strategy in eCommerce.
- To engage relevant stakeholders in solutioning, build and delivery.
- Drive eCommerce agenda that will enhance the underlying Product Fee, float and attract liability balances.
- Lead specific initiatives to gain broader market share, support key client implementations from product management perspective, win share of mind, demonstrate subject matter expertise to help teams across regions/countries and support sales teams during client pitch and RFP processes.
- Conceptualize and implement new product propositions in the ecommerce space with internal stakeholders, clients and partners.
- Form relationships with FinTech's, payment service providers, mobile wallet providers, etc to support roll out and implementation of the product offering.
- Drive launches and commercialize our eCommerce and Digital Collections proposition across the Bank's footprint markets considering evolving client needs across all client segments.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop strategy to market product offerings.
- Provide ongoing support and training for stakeholders including local Product managers, Relationship managers, Sales team, risk functions, etc to build product knowledge for effective commercialization.
- Own P&L responsibility for Digital Collections product offering.
- Proven knowledge in terms of mapping, designing, and implementing omnichannel integration processes to deliver superior product, service and sales experiences.
- Must have awareness and understanding of the Operational Risk Framework for Transaction Banking.
- Work with risk and compliance on improving the existing framework to facilitate business growth.
- Providing clear business case for justification and investment.
- Collaborate with Operations, Technology, CFCC, Legal, and Risk partners to ensure major risks are identified, escalated, mitigated and under control.
- Ensure reporting of identified risks to the relevant risk and governance committees and guiding local teams on the same.
- Work with relevant risk stakeholders (e.g. CFCC, Legal, Operational Risk, etc.) to understand and mitigate the risks associated with products being managed.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Maintain / update governance framework working with various stakeholders.
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify, quantify, manage and mitigate new and existing risks.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- CCIB Coverage - Sales, RMs and SSD
- Tech & OPS
- Product Management - Group, Regional and Country
- 2 LOD - Risk teams, CFCC,
- Brand & Marketing
Our Ideal Candidate
- Partners and Providers
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ years of experience in Banking industry.
- Working experience in fintech, banking or relevant industries, 3+ years of experience in merchant acquiring, e-commerce, fintech, or transaction banking experience preferred.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of cash management products.
- Good understanding of Clients digital collections needs especially Global Corporates(multinationals), large and local corporates.
- Connected to eCommerce and Payment industry. Able to quickly understand merchant ecosystem for C2B / B2B.
- Experience with owning the entire product lifecycle, from inception to launch and ongoing product management/enhancement.
- Mature and driven with an enthusiastic "can-do" attitude.
- Effective in Stakeholder engagements. Team player. Think "out of the box".
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities and interpersonal skills.
About Standard Chartered
- Cash Management Product
- Product Experience
- Commercial Acumen
- Fintech Domain experience
- Project Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers