Director, Market Management Commercial Banking, Cash, TB
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead cash market management activities for CB including Business Performance and team uplifting through education, enablement and directing focus across the segment at a local, regional and global level.
- TBCB Specialist for Fintech and NPM Segment, driving the eCommerce focus and specifically the engagements with New Payment Methods providers.
- Responsible for Business Performance for Commercial Banking Cash Management.
- Main Product contact for the CB segment to execute cash commercialisation agenda to include, initiative execution, Support key deals (including RFPs) and market penetration activities including working with Segment Sales to drive Client targeting strategies.
- Assess market trends, identify new business opportunities or competitive threats across the region. Devise local strategies to capture the opportunities and grow revenues.
- Launch new capabilities required for Commercial Banking, including securing investment/funding support for the same.
- Significantly increase CB Cash revenue from eCommerce and NPM segment - 20x in 5 years (from ~5m now to 100m by 2024) - includes non Cash revenue
People and Talent
- Driving new cash solutions for the segment, supported by client/market intelligence/ feedback, manage Working Capital projects within the approved timeframe and budget.
- Identify and market-size new business opportunities and revenue pools and articulate the product capabilities needed to grow market share.
- React to new trends and technology and provide feedback to link those with current offering and impact to clients
- Create conscious awareness and adoption of high conduct behavior and client centricity.
- Constantly motivate people (team and other stakeholders) to exceed the budgets by instilling a pipeline discipline, making exceptional growth aspiration a norm instead of target setting, creating a high intensity client engagement approach, developing innovation culture where challenges/changes are welcomed and adopting a client first approach that allows us to work with clients as one team to deliver best results for both.
- Constantly work to uplift people's understanding and competence on Cash Management and create eCommerce and Fintech specialization in select resources in TB and CB.
- Influence and partner key stakeholders across Compliance, FCC and others to create a collaborative environment where everyone comes together to do the right thing, increase business while constantly managing the risk.
- Drive Cash Management Training for Commercial Banking and Ecosystem/Fintech training for TBCB
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions with TB Sales/local product managers to meet these needs appropriately
- Solutioning & Support on Key RFP; Non RFP support for key deals across CB including NPM & Fintech Segment including providing guidance on right level of Due Diligence
- Influence client engagement models with an aim to suit the strategic agenda of the bank of improving EVA and lower costs.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide guidance to wider TBCB and CB teams on Cash Deal Governance and Fintech/NPM Governance
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Customers (across the breadth of the portfolio)
- Trade associations
- Infrastructure providers
- Competitors (industry initiatives)
Our Ideal Candidate
- TB Sales
- CB RMs
- TB Heads
- CB Heads
- Legal and Compliance
- Product Management (Central, Regional and Country)
- Corporate Affairs, Marketing and Communications
- Treasury Advisory
Suitably qualified to meet the following and preferably with an understanding of Standard Chartered structure
- Experience in Cash Management responsibilities
- Understanding of Trade Finance (optional, preferred)
- Liabilities and OPAC Growth from CB
- Revenue Performance across CB and CB Fintech segment
- TBCB Sales Engagement
- CB Liabilities Team uplifting and engagement
- Collaterals, Training Events and Market Engagement
- 20x growth from CB Fintech segment over 5 years (put business on right trajectory) .
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.