The Role Responsibilities Summary
The jobholder will build on an already deep understanding of the buying behaviour and requirements of Prime and Financing (P&F) Clients vs the product and regional capabilities across Financing and Securities Services (FSS).
Candidate will focus on seeking out and closing commercially viable and realistic mandates that will provide sustained growth in revenue.
The jobholder will have the ability to sell the complete suite of solutions (in particular P&F) that are applicable to P&F Clients with a track record of successful deal team management, quick and efficient deal closure and pipeline discipline (i.e. consistency in budget vs. realised revenue).
The jobholder will work with a strategic mindset to identifying suitable target clients and cross selling opportunities, able to grow the revenue across P&F Clients and mobilise stakeholders across Product, Risk, Operations, Legal, Compliance and Technology - whilst staying on strategy. Sales
- Executes strategy for P&F Clients sales in defined region addressing specific country and client needs and in support of the global sales strategy for the segment.
- Identifies target clients, works in collaboration with stakeholders, such as FM Sales and Client Coverage, to agree and execute on.
- growing incremental client income from existing clients, through increasing wallet share and onboarding new services.
- generating new client income from New-to-Bank or New-to-FSS clients.
- Builds a qualified pipeline ensuring enough diversity to realise short term revenue objectives vs. building for the future, with a suitable balance between large strategic mandates and lesser complex deals.
- Ensures that the pipeline information are accurately entered in Workbench and actively updated, capturing call reports and all pertinent deal activity in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to articulate the P&F / FSS / Bank value proposition in relation to client requirements.
- Leverages thought leadership and SCB strengths to position P&F and FSS with the client.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the client based on long-term perspective on current and future needs in order to continue to develop the client relationship.
- Research potential clients to assess new sales opportunities and prioritise those opportunities accordingly in consideration of the business gestation period.
- Identifies and assists with cross-sell opportunities within Financial Markets products and services, working collaboratively and in partnership with FM Sales colleagues.
- Works closely with P&F Product Team to:
- Provide feedback in a structured manner to Product, detailing opportunities, gaps, outstanding compliance, and risk action items.
- Proactively seek opportunities for client engagement with Product and new product initiatives.
- Maximise the impact of market advocacy, product launches/ updates, marketing and client engagement events, and participation in industry events.
- Maintains awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic, and market environments in which the Group, FSS and P&F businesses operates in.
- Maintains good knowledge of all products within the P&F and FSS framework, and broad understanding of the applicable Financial Market products and services.
- Identifies innovative solutions to clients' requirements, maximising re-use of existing capabilities.
- Builds and manages sales pipeline in support of P&F Clients sales strategy against assigned targets (budget) which are revised annually according to business growth plan.
- Designs and executes tactical plans to achieve targets as defined in individual scorecard and contributes to achievement of the overall business objectives.
- Participates in account planning activities as required, in collaboration with internal stakeholders such as the Global Head of P&F, Head of P&F East, Client Coverage, Client Segment Heads, Global Head of FSS Sales, Regional Heads of FSS, to forecast client growth areas and engagement effort planning.
- Monitors competitor activities and market share within their region across their segment, and internally highlights threats and opportunities.
- Maintains appropriate commercial balance between client needs and long-term profitability / efficiency of the business, through active review of pricing, business activities, and costs of servicing.
- Anticipates and embraces changes (e.g. in the market, regulatory requirements, client organisational changes, etc) and builds a competitive edge with complex clients to optimise outcome of the changes.
People and Talent
- Constructs appropriate deal team and agrees priorities across deal team members to secure the mandate.
- Responsible for submitting the response to RFPs and coordinates activities related to new business proposals.
- Maintains pipeline discipline in accordance with the guidance provided by the Global Head of P&F, Head of P&F East, Regional Head of FSS ASA, Segment Heads and / or Global Head of FSS Sales.
- Appropriate socialisation with key stakeholders from within the regions and Client Coverage and Financial Markets Sales.
- Collaborative working with colleagues across the regions and functions to provide a consistent and thorough client experience throughout the sales cycle.
- Works closely with Client Coverage, Client Solutions, Legal, On-boarding, Technology, and Operations teams to ensure smooth and speedy transition from mandate to live client.
- Provides pricing proposals in compliance with conduct and business requirements, with input and approval from relevant parties.
- Liaises with business and support functions to ensure all relevant policies are adhered to.
- Maintains an appropriate balance between advocating client agendas and maintaining standardisation of business model.
- Acts as senior escalation point as per the client escalation matrix on case-by-case basis and takes leading role in managing issues to resolutions.
- Leads through example and contributes actively to building appropriate culture and values.
- Contributes actively to best practice transfers to educate and support P&F Clients sales effort globally.
- Sets appropriate tone and expectations for the FSS team and works in collaboration with risk and control partners locally.
- Actively participates in on-going training and development initiatives.
- Objectively provides feedback to Client Solution team members and managers, and provides guidance, when necessary, to enhance client experience and business outcome.
- Team player, mentor, coach, and expert.
- Proactively maintains an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual and the team play in managing them.
- Ensures all regulatory and compliance initiatives surrounding the P&F and FSS businesses are understood and adhered to, and escalates any concerns through management, and other channels, in a timely and effective manner.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Maintains awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Delivers 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Is aware of business strategy and governance parameters and works within them or seeks formal dispensation prior to entering client discussions in exceptional cases.
- Ensures the sales process, commercials, and necessary governance are in place to govern the roll-out of the product.
- Displays exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Takes personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identifies, escalates, mitigates and resolves risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Works closely with Client Solutions and Operations stakeholders to define common standards for adoption in managing the operational relationship with clients, under the auspices of the overall client management model.
- Communicates client management strategy to business partners where required to ensure understanding of the principles and objectives.
- Collaborates with the following stakeholders to achieve client and business objectives
- Global Head of P&F
- Head of P&F, East
- Regional Senior Product Owners
- Head of Prime Services Risk, Regional Heads of XVA and CFD
- FSS Segment Heads and FSS Global Head of Sales
- FSS Regional Heads, FSS Country Heads and FSS In-country Sales
- FSS Product Segment Lead and of Product Management team
- FSS Client Solutions team
- Legal, CFCC (Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance), Technology, and Operations
- Client Solutions
- Financial Markets Sales
- CCIB Client Coverage
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embeds Here for Good and Group's brand and values.
- Acts as a role model, behaving with integrity and demonstrating exemplary conduct.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 7+ years of experience in Prime Services Sales across Financing and Securities Services
- Deep segment knowledge and client buying behaviours.
- Market profile and credibility with clients.
- Technical FSS product knowledge.
- Strong sales skills - demonstrable experience of strategic and technical sales, global coordination, long gestation periods, RFPs, running workshops and problem-solving.
- Highly organised and an exceptional communicator, able to work effectively in a matrix organisation.
- Track record of delivering revenue growth.
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge of financing and securities services product and industry
- Able to influence and drive sales effort
- Key commercial awareness
- Able to identify profitable growth opportunities
- Deliver on sales targets
- Public speaking and media aware
- Solid and attractive network of prospective clients
- Previous experience in a role similar to this
- Able to manage an outsourced relationship
- Able to identify, understand and action key regulatory requirements for this role
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/career s