Temasek is an investment company with a net portfolio value of S$ 403 billion (US$ 297 b) as at 31 March 2022. Our Purpose So Every Generation Prospers guides us to make a difference for today's and future generations. The Temasek Charter defines our three roles as an Investor, Institution and Steward, and shapes our ethos to do well, do right and do good.
Sustainability is at the core of all that Temasek does. We are committed to catalysing solutions to global challenges and activating capital - financial, human, social and natural - to bring about a better and more inclusive world for all.
Headquartered in Singapore, Temasek has 12 offices in 8 countries around the world - Beijing, Hanoi, Mumbai, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Singapore in Asia; and London, Brussels, New York, San Francisco, Washington DC, and Mexico City outside Asia.
For more information on Temasek, please visit www.temasek.com.sg Responsibilities :
The Public Affairs (PA) function is made up of four pillars:
- Brand Building and Positioning
- Media and Issues Management
- Reputation Management
- Programme Management
This role will focus on Media and Issues Management as well as Reputation Management. He/she will be one of the senior team leads within the PA team and is expected to have people management experience.
He/she will provide strategic counsel on public reputation and communications issues around complex transactions, including leading, developing, managing, and executing media strategies. Institutional communications and issues management are also critical to this role. The PA team provides support to the business on issues affecting Temasek's portfolio, including public communications, tracking of issues and potential issues, and a deep understanding of the media landscape. It also manages the day-to-day relationships with the media, supported by consultants in overseas markets. He/she must have strong media management skills and be adept and comfortable interacting with media at the highest levels in Singapore, regionally and globally. The role requires an experienced, independent, and excellent communicator with outstanding writing skills and clarity in thinking and presentation style.
From time to time, this role will also cover cross-team assignments across the other pillars. Requirements :
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience; past experiences in global firms across diverse cultures would be an advantage
- Degree in Communications, Media, and Business or a related field
- Deep expertise in managing and executing communications for transactions and issues
- Strong media relations skills and network
- Leadership experience in managing teams
- Highly responsive; able to perform in a fast-paced environment; and can effectively meet tight deadlines
- Able to quickly assimilate complex issues and transactions, and highly skilled in distilling the complex into relatable and impactful messages to target audiences
- Excellent collaboration skills, including an ability to lead juniors by example, and engage senior stakeholders with persuasion and influence
- A strong team player who is able to contribute towards shared goals