Director Risk and Policy Legal
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Lead the implementation of the Operational and Technology Risk Framework ("OTRF") and Enterprise Risk Management Framework ("ERMF") in Legal in ASA and support implementation across LCS.
- Support the Regional and Country Legal Heads in ASA to effectively manage risks where Legal is the Process Owner, and Heads of Legal where Legal is Risk Owner for other businesses and functions.
- Support the Legal function in the implementation of Operational Risk policies and procedures and other relevant policies and procedures such as Compliance (including Data Management) and Cyber Security policies.
- Lead contact point and provide support to Legal Risk Owners keeping a holistic overview and providing support to team members where required, including for non-legal risks.
- Develop global standards for legal risks and align risk assessment across regions in ASA and products, and across LCS including for RCSA.
- Lead the development and implementation of Legal policy and assurance framework including effectiveness review, and align it to the ERMF and Operational and Technology Risk framework in ASA and across LCS.
People and Talent
- Support process mapping, risk assessments, development and tracking of treatment plans & requisite root cause reviews.
- Support the Legal Process Owners with the implementation of the Risk Assurance Approach and RCSA.
- Identify training needs and develop training materials to embed the Risk Management approach across Legal in ASA and support central training initiatives.
- Assisting in all aspects of the rollout of M7 and any follow up issues in ASA and LCS Group.
- Facilitate and lead (where required) implementation of various Group or Legal COO projects on an ad-hoc basis such as the Data Privacy Transformation Programme and management of obligations requirements
- Support ICS related workstreams in ASA and act as the regional entry contact point
- This is a non people leader role, however the role may be required to support and where necessary mentor new joiners and other team members.
- SME risk management is integral to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Delivery of RCSA and ERMF Policy Effectiveness Review;
- Setting up and running working groups; supporting and attending the NFRC as required.
- Specifically supporting incident response working group and related workstreams in LCS.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the LCS teams in ASA to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional General Counsel, GCNA, Head of Legal, ASA, Heads of Legal for Businesses and Functions, Group Operational Risk, CISO/CISRO, ERMF and Group CFCC contacts for LCS
- 8+ years of work experience banking or legal
- Extensive risk management knowledge/experience e.g. experience in operational risk, compliance or comparable roles at a country, regional, business or functional level;
- A clear understanding of the Bank's approach to the management of risk including SCB Enterprise Risk Management Framework and Operational and Technology Risk Framework and methodology , or equivalent experience gained in other organisations;
- Legal qualification, degree or experience is beneficial;
- Experience implementing non legal policies and projects in a business or function e.g. relating to data management, cyber security or third party risk management, is beneficial;
- Experience of governance e.g. supporting and attending risk committees and completing risk assessments is beneficial;
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organisation, leveraging resources across the organisation to complete deliverables;
- Ability to operate in a geographically disbursed and highly varied stakeholder base;
- Exemplary integrity, ethics and resilience.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.