The Role Responsibilities A Bank with a soul
What is the Opportunity?
- We are a global bank which is big enough to be relevant to the world's most sophisticated corporations but small enough to be local, nimble and innovate. We tap into our DNA as a global trade bank, committing to the dynamic market where we have operated for over 150 years. We link these markets with each other, as well as to Europe and the Americas, to help our corporate and institutional clients manage their global investing and financing needs. In addition, we use our deep knowledge in local markets to help our customers and clients grow, invest and protect their wealth.
- We believe that every one of our colleagues plays a tangible role in delivering our purpose and we all feel strongly about living our valued behaviours and our brand promise - Here for good. Our unrivalled network and unique culture make this organisation special and creates opportunities for unparalleled career and development experiences. The success of the Bank hinges on how we harness our unique strengths, create an inclusive and flexible environment, and where our people feel empowered to use the freedom and accountability that we give them to go above and beyond for our customers.
- We are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to lead the TTO Financial Benefits Management team, functioning as a core component of the overall TTO Transformation Management Office (TMO). The team's objective is to govern, track and drive execution of TTOs Productivity and Sustainable saves commitment. In addition, the individual is expected to oversee the planning, coordinating, and driving of activities and initiatives that are required to deliver our Strategy and TTO's Corporate Plan across multiple investment portfolios and domains. The individual will also functional as the Product Owner for the strategic platform and tooling that will be used to capture and report savings. You will be supporting the Global Head, TTO Transformation to manage the financial benefits tracking of all TTO initiatives.
- Understand and articulate the strategic goals and objectives of TTO Strategy 25 to stakeholders and as an ambassador to the rest of the TTO organisation.
- Manage financial benefits tracking of TTO initiatives in alignment to TTO's Strategy.
- Drive coordination and management across the TTO organisation to ensure the benefits of initiatives are progressing as per plan and delivering against the agreed goals of TTO's Strategy.
- Design and drive the tooling and platform required to capture TTO saves.
- Drive respective TTO domains to submit achievement, progress reports and supporting documents, timely and accurately,
- Lead and run monthly productivity working group reviews with respective domain BPMs and Finance partners.
- Looks for opportunities to drive continuous improvement, including the implementation of new ways of working, digitization, automation and simplification across the benefits management framework.
TTO Benefits Management Tool
- Own and manage the monthly financial benefits tracking and reporting process.
People & Talent
- Drive and manage the development and delivery of a Pan-TTO productivity benefits tracking tool
- Manage the rollout and deployment of the new tool.
- Take over and manage the current End-of-Life Earnest tool till the time where the new tool is deployed, including admin support.
- Build and manage a Financial Benefits management team to support the benefits tracking of TTO initiatives.
- Set appropriate tone and expectations for the team.
- Lead and drive team to build strong relationships with all stakeholders and encourage collaboration.
- Live the values and behavior of the Bank.
- Demonstrate qualities of good team player.
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders and encouraging team collaboration.
- Able to handle difficult situations calmly and can consistently deliver tasks which includes report creation.
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and/or control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and, if necessary, escalated through the relevant forums.
- Own and manage the monthly financial benefits tracking and reporting process
- Manage the quarterly financial benefits reporting to Group FP&A/VCO
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure all submissions to TMO and Group FP&A are of the right quality and are timely
- Maintain required artefacts including submitted papers and supporting documents for reported saves
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Conduct themselves in line with the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Global Head, TTO Transformation
- Head, TTO Strategy 25 Transformation Management Office
- TTO Management Team (& respective Business Planning Managers)
- TTO Transformation Leads
- CFO, TTO
- Head of Performance Management and Control, TTO
- TTO Finance & HR Business Partners
Our Ideal Candidate
- Support the Global Head of TTO Transformation to continuously evolve and execute the book of work required to deliver the TTO Strategy 25
What do you need to succeed?
- 8 years of experience in a professional corporate environment, with finance or accounting qualifications beneficial.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Bachelor's / Master's degree in Business / Finance / Accounting or equivalent
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse and challenging stakeholder community.
- An analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to analyse and understand project / programme financials and other relevant data points to synthesize observations and/or recommendations for management attention.
- Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking ability.
- Strong sense of personal ownership and willingness to roll-up sleeves to drive success.
- A mindset to continuously learn and develop themselves.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations: None
- Professional Memberships: None
- Languages: Business Communication
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; PowerPoint, written & oral Financials management. Budget tracking, planning, forecast and variance explanations.
- Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders.
- Analytical / critical thinking skills.
- Good understanding of the banks Governance standards, Finance/Business management, Project lifecycle and related documents.
- Tools: Experience in Clarity, PlanView, JIRA, Confluence or other project management software is an advantage.
- Good understanding of the bank's Portfolio / Refinement Forums / Initiative level Governance standards.
- Finance/Business management.
About Standard Chartered
- Financial Benefits Management
- Product Management
- Process Simplification
- People Management
- Transformation Management
- Project Tracking and Reporting
- Project Risk Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers