EDM Professional Services Director
Markit EDM are looking for a Professional Services Director Asia Pacific who is seeking a high impact role in a dynamic and successful team. Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate a strong track record in managing a team and to have consistently and successfully executed delivery. The Professional Services Director is expected to lead and drive the business to the next level through safeguarding the team in remaining self-sufficient, servicing clients to a high standard and ensuring our current success is maintained and improved upon. The role will be one that will involve travel within the region.
Duties & accountabilities
The Professional Services Director is a high value independent professional who is responsible for the recruitment, management and development of consulting resources in the region. The successful candidate will own and be accountable for ensuring delivery of quality services for consulting engagements and services; and assisting with both sales and existing client relationships.
The candidate we are seeking is focused, organised and highly-driven. He/she should believe in leading by example and have a strong ability to motivate and inspire the team for success. A track record of accomplishments as a Professional Services consultant prior to managerial experience preferred.
The role and responsibilities will include:
- Providing project oversight and management of implementation delivery
- Ensuring successful project delivery and high customer satisfaction
- Financial forecasting and reconciliation
- Managing, developing, mentoring and motivating team members
- Recruitment and growth of the team to ensure the right balance between supply and demand
- Performance management and objective setting for the team
- Developing and maintaining consulting processes to a high-standard
- Promote implementation best practices and knowledge sharing
- Support and implement regional and global initiatives
- Act as the escalation point in facilitating issues and resolution
- Meet and exceed Professional Services revenue objectives
- Resource planning to ensure the team can achieve projected goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with consulting partners
- Coordination with regional sales management and assist in sales-led activities
- Creation of Statements of Work, including interaction with Legal
- Interact with our prospects and clients at all level of the organization
Education and experience
- Minimum of 12-15 years of consulting services experience.
- 5-7 years management experience across all aspects of a consulting services business including financial planning and forecasting.
- 8+ years of Practical Markit EDM design and configuration experience acquired through 3-4 EDM Initial Phase 1 implementations.
- Practical experience of enterprise-scale integration projects in the Financial Services sector and Master Data Management.
- Technical experience with database practises and querying language is desired.
- Candidates should be university degree level educated or equivalent.
- Strong business acumen is essential.
- Appreciation of financial services and regulatory requirements.
- Understands one-time and recurring revenue and impact to business.
- Ability to create and negotiate comprehensive Statements of Work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow a consulting team.
- Ability to effectively recruit, develop and retain staff.
- Track record in leading and nurturing talent within a consulting team.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.