This is an exciting opportunity to join the bank to lead the delivery of one of the largest & most complex Transformational Change programmes in the bank.
We are seeking a highly experienced and talented Programme Director to lead the design and successful implementation of a high-profile Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) Transformation Programme, across our global CCIB footprint. The programme is tasked with maximising client experience and productivity, whilst ensuring our risk & regulatory obligations are effectively satisfied. The scope of the programme covers Onboarding (including; AML - KYC, Tax & Reg Due diligence, Entity Management, ESG) , Client Maintenance & Offboarding, along with end-to-end integration across the banks client lifecycle from client request to product provisioning.
The Programme Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the programme, ensuring its alignment with business strategy & objectives and delivering tangible results.
You must be a strong communicator who builds trust-based relationships within the team and amongst stakeholders, including C-Suite, Chief Product Owners / Technology Leads, Business and Functional stakeholders from across the Bank to ensure successful, controlled, and timely delivery. Responsibilities Strategy
- Develop and execute a comprehensive programme strategy, aligning it with the bank's overall strategic goals
- Define clear objectives, milestones, and deliverables for the CLM Transformation Programme.
- Ensure the programme strategy is adaptable to changing business needs and market dynamics.
- Establish and maintain a highly engaged working relationship with shared accountability across businesses/functions.
- Work in partnership with the First and Second line of defence teams to ensure risk appetite is maintained while manual intervention in operational processes is minimised.
- Measure and track financial benefits to ensure accurate planning and alignment to Corporate Plan.
- Development and tracking of productivity metrics to demonstrate improvement of overall performance
People & Talent
- Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of the CLM Transformation Programme, ensuring it is completed within scope, budget, and timeline.
- Drive the implementation of CLM processes and technologies to enhance operational efficiency and improve client experience.
- Collaborate with business leaders to identify and prioritize key business requirements and ensure their successful implementation.
- Establish and maintain a highly engaged working relationship with shared accountability across businesses/functions
- Ensure traceability and clear metrics to demonstrate the achievements delivered.
- Build and lead a high-performing programme team, providing guidance, coaching, and development opportunities.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement within the programme team.
- Create and foster a diverse and inclusive team and culture, championing the importance of psychological safety to ensure people feel empowered to speak up & contribute
- Identify and address any talent gaps, ensuring the right resources are in place to support the programme's success.
- Contribute to process training and skills building initiatives, including the coaching and development of colleagues to support and accelerate the Agile Ways of Working.
- Develop and implement robust risk management frameworks and processes to identify, assess, and mitigate programme risks.
- Monitor and track programme risks and issues, ensuring timely resolution and escalation when necessary.
- Collaborate with operational risk management and other 2 nd Line teams to ensure compliance with internal policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant Governance forums
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting into Governance forums (eg. Quarterly Performance Review (QPR), Programme Steering Committee (PgSC) etc) in line with the banks policies & standards
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure efficient effective governance structures and processes are established, in compliance with overarching Enterprise Change Management standards and other governance processes as appropriate
- Driving transparent and effective Financial management, covering budgeting & forecast reporting, and ensuring a robust Benefits Management framework is implemented
- Perform tracking and monitoring with prompt course correction as required.
- Plan and participate in change governance forums as needed
- Clear and active management of dependencies
- Ensure the Programme adheres and delivers to all relevant regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Collaborate with compliance and legal teams to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Drive a strong culture of ethical conduct and compliance within the programme team.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Help the change team/ Squad to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CCIB MT/COO/CIO's
- Client Coverage Management Team / Business Heads
- Client Coverage COO/ CIO Management Team
- Transformation Leads across COO CCIB & EA
- Relevant colleagues in Finance, Risk, Compliance, Audit & HR
- Group Transformation Office
- TTO Management Team
- Function Heads
- Product Teams
- Delivery Teams across CCIB
- Group Process owners
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed 'Here for Good' and Group's brand and Values in personal working practices
- Maintains high levels of integrity, motivation and morale.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies & procedures
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ years' experience as a Programme Director/ Manager, with a strong track record of successfully delivering large-scale transformation programmes, preferably within the financial services industry.
- 15+ years' experience delivering change & transformation domain
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or IT Finance.
- Proven experience of managing large scale programmes, $15m+ USD per annum
- A results-driven professional who takes ownership to deliver, with a high level of flexibility and a preparedness to 'roll up his/her sleeves' to get the job done. Proven success in holding individuals accountable for progress against agreed deliverables
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels (inc. C-Suite)
- In-depth knowledge of Client Lifecycle Management processes, regulations, and industry best practices would be highly desirable
- E xcellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
About Standard Chartered
- T Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Change Management
- Data Analytics
- Product delivery lifecycle experience using Agile Ways of Working (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc...)
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
· Do the right thing
and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
· Never settle,
continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
· Be better together,
we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
· Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance,
with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
· Flexible working
options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
· Proactive wellbeing support
through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
· A continuous learning culture
to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
· Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation,
one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential. Recruitment assessments -
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers