We are seeking a highly skilled, experienced, and passionate Chief Product Owner (CPO)
to lead and oversee the Client Lifecycle Management (CLM)
transformation function within Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (CCIB), Chief Operating Office (COO).
Our Chief Product Owners have a deep understanding of the subject domain, industry best practice and build close relationships with key executive and user level stakeholders including technology vendors to ensure product benefits and roadmaps are aligned with overall strategy and client / customer needs. The role:
- develops and executes the strategic vision for Client Lifecycle Management, aligning it with the overall business strategy, objectives and scorecard priorities
- leads the transformation of business capabilities, processes & systems across Client Lifecycle management. This includes Client Onboarding, Maintenance & Offboarding (including; AML - KYC, Tax & Reg Due diligence, ESG, Entity Management) for all CCIB clients.
- Brings a view of industry best practices for driving improved productivity, client experience and risk management. Including use of digital channels/ outreach, 3 rd party data sources, document management, AI opportunities
- is accountable for maximizing the business value of their products. They ensure the voice of clients and relevant stakeholders are represented, both end users and engaging executive members of the CCIB function
- is an empowered decision maker, defining the vision, strategy & overseeing build, implementation, and adoption of best-in-class capability in an enterprise environment for users.
- is responsible for leading a Hive (global team) of c200-250 business change & technology professionals with an annual budget of ~$25m p.a.
- drives process excellence, simplification & automation across all relevant systems, enabling quality service to our clients and maintaining regulatory compliance across the end-to-end client lifecycle
- Develop and leverage strong relationships across the organisation, both horizontally and vertically, including ability to communicate and influence at C-Suite level.
- The CPO is the leader of the Client Lifecycle Management (team) which includes large scale technology transformation, along with managing ongoing regulatory initiatives & technology enhancements.
- If tackling complex challenges & leading transformational change excites you, then join our team where you will get to collaborate and work on solutions across business and functions. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain the best-in-class products / services for our clients and customers, whilst continuously striving to reduce time-to-market and streamline our processes.
Accountable for: Strategy
- Chief Product Owner is a critical leadership role and considered a core member of Hive Leadership. Chief Product Owners will manage a team of Product Owners, whilst retaining the overall product suite accountability
- Develop, maintain & execute the product(s) vision and roadmap, in conjunction with Business Sponsors, POs, Teams and stakeholders.
- E nsuring alignment with strategic outcomes and scorecard priorities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to craft vision and concept development of a product
- Work with stakeholders to analyse needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Assess value and prioritise stories and epics to ensure work aligns with product strategy
- maximizing the business value of the product domain or service by ensuring we "deliver the right thing at the right time"
- keeping the cost of change low by balancing technical debt, risk and regulatory items with new features / functionality / change
- delivering the 'product's' contribution to the Business plan and QPR scorecard outcomes
- optimizing value delivery through continuous improvement, feedback from relevant stakeholders /SMEs/ customers and continuous prioritization of a unified backlog
- Collaborate daily as a core member of the Hive Leadership and be 100% dedicated to the role
- Ensure the voices of clients and relevant stakeholders are represented continuously throughout the entire lifecycle of the product (ideation - development - deployment - operations).
- Continuous Hive Roadmap management
- expressing Backlog items clearly and in a user story format
- clear narratives and acceptance criteria on all backlog items
- regular prioritization and refinement of the backlog items
- using relevant data points to determine the appropriate backlog items
- using the relevant lifecycle tools to plan, track and manage the backlog items (i.e., JIRA and confluence)
- Work closely with stakeholders to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value/ROI
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible and understood
- Be present at all required ceremonies/events to provide early and continuous feedback and prioritisation
- Regularly showcase product / service increments to stakeholders
- Work with Scrum Master and Team members to build an empowered, high performing team in a psychologically safe environment
- Ensure all artefacts and assurance deliverables are as per the required standards and policies (e.g., SCB Governance Standards, System Delivery Framework, Corporate Group Plan etc...)
- Chief Product Owners are accountable for specific business KPIs / OKR's and business outcomes
- Ensure regular engagement and management of Process Change, Operational and Delivery Risk for their backlog (and all other relevant Risk requirement).
- Actively mitigate functional blockers impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Chief Product Owners are responsible for collaborating on business and technology roadmap with the Hive Tech Leads to drive optimum outcomes
People & Talent
- Ensure alignment to process management taxonomy and the bank standards
- Optimise end to end customer journey through applying process mapping & finding opportunities
- drives process excellence, simplification & automation across all systems, enabling quality service to our clients and maintaining regulatory compliance across the end-to-end client lifecycle
- Ensure alignment to process management taxonomy and the bank standards
- Champion and act as a role model of the Group's values and culture. Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement, ensuring everyone in the Bank are drivers and owners of client outcomes.
- Set effective metrics and standards, transparently communicating them to team members, providing feedback and rewarding employees accordingly. Set the appropriate tone and expectations for the wider team.
- Employ, engage, and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Ensure team structure/capacity is reviewed to enable delivery of client outcomes.
- Ensure the provision of on-going training & development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risk.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Create a motivational and challenging environment for staff which is conducive to creativity and performance with customer centricity in mind.
- Provide feedback on transformation leaders to their people leaders, as part of performance reviews
- Create transparency around backlog item progress, blockers, impediments, dependencies, and product value delivery via fit for purpose business and delivery metrics.
- Engage process and risk control owners in upfront in design of process changes. Have oversight of, direct tracking and monitoring of projects.
- Ensure appropriate Business Impact Assessments are defined, with identified risks communicated, agreed, and mitigated
- Driving a transparent risk culture, ensuring active management & resolution of Risks, escalating as required
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Adopt and embed the Banks Ways of Working Standards throughout the lifecycle of the product / service
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group Management Team
- TTO Management Team
- Client Coverage Management Team / Business Heads
- Client Coverage COO/CIO Management Team
- Function Heads
- Product Management
- Delivery Team
- Transformation Leads across the Bank
- Group Process owners
- Functional Partners including Risk, CFCC, HR, Finance, Legal, GIA
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ years hands on experience and proven knowledge in Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking - ideally within Client Lifecycle Management domain
- 5+ years hands on experience of Transformation - ideally as a Product Owner and strong skills of maintaining and prioritizing a backlog using relevant digital tooling (Example: JIRA, Confluence, Trello, MURAL etc...)
- 10+ years of leadership experience managing P&L for products or services delivery
- Deep understanding of industry trends and client needs across Client Lifecycle Management
- Strong prioritization and analytical skills to manage trends, backlogs and data insights
- Proven knowledge of design thinking frameworks, user stories and customer journeys
- Proven knowledge of agile ways of working including values, principles and practices
- E xcellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
About Standard Chartered
- T Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Change Management
- Data Analytics
- Product delivery lifecycle experience using Agile Ways of Working (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc...)
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
· Do the right thing
and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
· Never settle,
continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
· Be better together,
we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
· Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance,
with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
· Flexible working
options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
· Proactive wellbeing support
through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
· A continuous learning culture
to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
· Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation,
one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential. Recruitment assessments -
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers