Recruitment Consultant - Banking & Finance
My client is a Multinational Trust Company providing corporate and business services, trust services, fund services, investment services and multi-family offices services.
- Setting financial budgets and manpower plans
- Performance reviews of senior managers
- Compensation reviews and recommendations
- Recruitment interviews
- Attend board and committee meetings
- Authorisation of transactions in accordance with discretionary authority
- Monitoring completion / closure of audit points
- Meets with other board members on a regular basis regarding the operations of the Company, its obligations under legislation relating to trusts and trust companies, its compliance with its written system of internal controls and legislation, the implementation and adequacy of its strategies, risk management approach, business continuity and succession plans and other policies and procedures and suggest or implement recommendations for corrective action, as necessary
Head, Private Trust Services
- Overall management oversight and supervision of the day to day operations of the Private Trust Services department and in relation to private family trusts;
- Establish, implement, review adherence to and adequacy and effectiveness and maintain effective systems of policies, processes and internal controls relating to private trust services;
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with the laws and regulations relating to trusteeship and trust companies including PDPA of Personal Data processed by and in possession of private trust team and AML/CFT regulations for trustee services;
- Ensure adherence to technology risk management requirements in relation to private trust services;
- Overall responsibility for all trust structures
- Set and promote appropriate standard of conduct of staff within department;
- Oversight and supervision of direct reports and personnel in material risk functions.
- Providing guidance, mentorship, training and clarification on trust administration
- Ensures quality service is continuously delivered, service standards are maintained and manages and handles complaints should any arise.
- Ensures satisfactory client servicing, liaises with clients, regulators and service providers on behalf of the Company
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices especially with regards to changes in the legislation which have an impact on the business and provide suggestions / recommendations and implement changes regarding action required.
- Identify, address and monitor the risks associated with the business activity of the company
- Handle internal and external auditors and addressing and reporting on internal and externa audit recommendations and comments
a) Risks & Controls
- Manage the trust team, ensuring proper training, development and evaluation of trust administration staff;
- Develop, implement and monitor policies, procedures, organisational structures and IT framework for the proper and efficient operation of the trustee operations;
- Oversee private trust processes;
- Client handling of new business, liaison and ongoing relations;
- Ensure structuring of trust solutions are in conjunction with legal counsel and tax advisors;
- Identification of critical systems, adequate recovery time for business continuity;
- Staff appraisal and incentives which support desired behaviour of staff;
- Ensure that good client relationships are maintained, satisfactory client servicing, meeting fiduciary and overall responsibilities and requirements;
- Ensuring adherence with regulations and laws including but not limited to MAS Notices TCA-NO3, including:
- Due diligence is exercised with dealing with trust relevant parties;
- Business is conducted in conformity with high ethical standards
- Guard against establishing any business relations or undertaking any transaction, that is or may be connected with or may facilitate money laundering or terrorism financing.
b) Key Achievables:
- Ensure proper and compliant performance of regulated activity
- Mitigate operational risks through implementation of procedures, processes and training
- Promote and sustain desired conduct among employees
- Strengthen oversight of employees
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong people management and leadership abilities
- Prior experience in client facing and account management/retention in private trust business is highly advantageous
- Ability to take on business outreach/development and marketing activities for private trust business arm
- Knowledgeable in tax for trust structures
Interested candidates please apply with your updated CV and we will get in touch with you for a confidential discussion.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EA License No: 07C3635 | Registration No: R1982019