ED, Regional Consumer Collection, Head, Risk Management Group
Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Responsibilities
This is a role in Consumer Banking Group ("CBG") Regional Credit team, reporting to Group CBG Credit Regional Head. The candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic consumer credit collection priorities and transformation journeys across the region, to achieve robust consumer collection capabilities and scalable operating effectiveness. Strategic Collection Management (For All Consumer Lending Products)
Regional Collection Oversight
- Strong Consumer Credit & Collection Management, to implement heightened standards in managing consumer lending products (secured and unsecured) & best-in-class Collection processes.
- Data Driven Operating Model ("DDOM") mindset and analytics-based insights on Collection Management to drive and improve customer & employee journeys and portfolio performance.
- Future-Ready Collection Workforce across the region equipped with the relevant and new skills to provide counselling and advisory assistance in financial distress.
- Discipline and accountability in Collection headcount and expenses and delivery of the credit loss (write-off and recovery) targets.
Collection Performance Management
- Provide regional oversight across the region and locations (including to the location Collection Heads), leveraging regional experience and expertise.
- Set and drive heightened standards on Collection, in line with best practices in the industry, including usage of data analytics and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) approach.
- Establish Collection playbooks to support consistent implementation of Group / Regional Collection policies and standards.
- Participate actively in regular Collection performance reviews with local/regional Credit, Fraud, Group Portfolio Analytics and Business stakeholders, to reinforce strategic priorities, pollinate good practices and share learnings across locations.
- Lead Collection initiatives/projects on digitisation or automation to facilitate operational efficiency within CBG Credit, as well as enhance end-to-end customer and employee journey.
Collection Operating Model Transformation
- Provide effective challenge to locations on credit loss recognition and forecasting (write-off and recoveries) during budget and forecast exercise and guide the locations to achieve these targets in an effective and efficient approach.
- Drive discipline, consistency and accountability in headcount & expense management within budget and forecast.
- Establish a consistent framework for productivity metrics, benchmarking and performance monitoring.
- Steer the rationalisation and realisation of Strategic Cost Management (SCM) targets.
- Collaborate with the Group CBG Credit Regional Head and Head - Consumer Credit Regional Strategy, Risk Transformation, Credit System & Infrastructure and COO in shaping the target operating model for Collection for the digital future.
- Establish the upskilling and reskilling roadmap and initiatives to achieve a Future-Ready Workforce across the locations.
- Steer strategic alignment and progressive transformation towards target operating model for Collection across the locations.
Candidate should have at least 15 years of Consumer Credit Risk Management experience (particularly in Consumer Credit Collection). In addition, the candidate should preferably possess the following complementary work experience in:
- Consumer Credit Risk Policy as Unsecured or Secured Lending Risk Head.
- Consumer Credit Risk Analytics - experience in data analytics including leading a team of Credit MIS/Analytics specialists.
- Knowledge in consumer lending regulatory requirements, credit loss recognition and forecasting.
- Proven transformational leadership skills
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills
- Collaborative team player with ability to consider the big picture
- Meticulous with an eye for details
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.