ED / SVP, Head of Strategy & Platform Transformation, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
Drive the transformation of the Investment & Insurance business and technology to become a Platform organization, inculcating LEAN and Agile in its practice. This involves transformation of circa 450 people across the technology organization and a similar amount in the business to enable the group to experiment and deliver at the speed of a Startup in an enterprise environment Work in partnership with the Head of CBG Investments & Insurance to drive the strategy for the organization transformation including talents acquisition and grooming, culture change and methods implementation Act as visionary and strategist on best practices adoption for the transformation journey Be the respected subject matter expert in terms of the true essence of Agile/LEAN practices, culture, architecture and technology to enable the true implementation of Agile across all major initiatives Drives the planning and execution of all iconic initiatives for the Platform Transformation agenda Provides oversight of the entire portfolio of initiatives for platform, including Wealth Management, Insurance, Equities and channels Requirements
Degree in Computer Science or equivalent At least 15 years + of hands-on business software application development experience in a mission critical domain Experience in driving major Agile / LEAN transformation across business and technology groups Experience driving multiple complex technology / business initiatives across multiple domains and markets Familiarity with cloud computing, cloud native architecture patterns, containers, DevOps and continuous integration / delivery preferred Superior ability to work with business and technology stakeholders across all levels internally and externally Experience managing team of 15 - 20 Scrum masters and change catalysts in an Agile environment Hands-on in approach Experience in Big Data and Machine Learning as well as Financials Products will be an added advantage Experience setting and managing a StartUp will be an added advantage Experience in Banking or Financial Institutions is not a requirement Business Function
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Manages team size circa 50 + in Singapore and India
- Champions production resilience and availability, focusing on superior client experience, by working with the businesses and technology teams
- Drive the implementation of Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) and Chaos Engineering design for all strategic systems
- The main mission of the role apart from providing superior client experience through reliability and scalability is to drive towards a fully automated and intelligent production environment leveraging instrumentation and machine learning.
- Drive effective communication between business and technology with regards to production service reliability and performance
- Drive continuous improvements in processes or systems leveraging Site Reliability Engineering methods
- Respond to, evaluate and analyse production incidents to minimise their impact as well as devise innovative solutions to prevent them in the future
- Improve the reliability and availability of systems by gathering hard data, designing systems for increased service reliability and performance
- Provide expert advice and training to our engineers as to which technology solutions and advanced reliability techniques to use on each situation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and at least 15 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience driving major transformation programmes for production resilience and performance, and client experience
- Experience with Core Java 8, Cloud Foundry (or equivalent), Amazon Web Services (or equivalent), relational and non-relational databases, and Linux, Unix systems
- Experience with distributed architecture, SOA, microservices and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Experience in Agile and Test-Driven Development (TDD) methodologies
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performant systems.
- Experience with managing cloud architecture-based environment is highly desired.
- Experience with Banking will be an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.