Editor/Associate Editor, APAC LNG
This position creates real-time content and analysis of the regional APAC Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) markets as part of the global S&P Global Platts LNG team. The role is for a key team player in the Platts APAC LNG price assessment group, based in Singapore. The Impact:
Develop Platts' LNG price assessments in the APAC region. Maintain Platts' high journalistic standards as you produce well-written analysis of LNG markets supply and demand dynamics that meets Platts editorial guidelines. The Career Opportunity:
You will contribute to the development of the Platts JKM and WIM benchmarks and other spot LNG assessments. You will create analysis and other content about short- and long-term LNG market trends. You will gain exposure to the LNG industry and its pricing dynamics. The Team / The Business:
You will be in regular contact with the LNG regional leader in Singapore, along with other regional news, pricing and analytics teams. The global teams work together closely in an often fast-paced environment. Your Skills:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; 2-5 years of reporting/writing experience, preferably on commodity markets; good communication skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines; and strong English language skills. Our Hiring Manager says:
"The role's focus is to cover one of the most exciting areas in energy markets - LNG - in the region with the fastest-developing price benchmarks, JKM and WIM. The role will center on coverage of LNG cargo and bunker markets in South Asia, as well as in Northeast Asia. The position offers the ability to be on the frontline of developing critical news and price assessments for our subscribers." Responsibilities:
• Gathers commodity price information, produces price assessments/markets and writes daily market commentaries
• Writes daily LNG news and market analysis for Platts' real-time alert services, websites and daily publications. That may include analyzing data and reporting on company and industry events.
• Produces regular well-written enterprise stories for various Platts publications. Expands depth of stories through research. Develops thorough line of questioning. Follows news strategy guidelines on readership needs.
• Establishes, maintains and nurtures key sources and maintains a source list that can be shared and leveraged across the organization.
• Develops knowledge of beat and related companies/market benchmarks. Develops diverse information sources (including documents; third tier sources etc) and a strong ability to interpret information from various documents.
• Regional travel and public speaking opportunities. Qualifications:
• BA degree or equivalent and approximately 2-5 years of writing/editing experience; or a graduate in journalism, business, economics or finance, with 2 years of reporting and writing experience.
• Well-rounded communication skills. Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration.
• Must be comfortable with Microsoft excel
• Has good numeracy skills, research and analytical capabilities, with the capability of locating and interpreting a variety of information, and is comfortable mining and analyzing data.
• Possesses basic computer and keyboarding skills including a basic understanding of Word, Outlook.
• Multilingual capabilities (Hindi, Mandarin, Japanese or Korean) will be a plus
• Self-driven, energetic and ambitious
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260125 Posted On: