Embedded Data Reliability Engineer - Core Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ABOUT YOU: You care deeply about the reliability of your software processes. Nearly everything you do is data-driven and you seek out innovative ways to measure at scale. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development within your teams. For you, automating away toil is a daily breath of fresh air, and clever little solutions with scalable impact are warm like sunshine. You look forward to collaborating with product teams and clients alike, and expect to build many long lasting relationships with them.
The Senior Reliability Engineer will be part of Data Reliability Engineering team. The team covers products managed by Data Engineering teams and is responsible for the reliability of processes and the quality of data stores. We're always improving our systems, ensuring our clients have the best and fastest experience possible. Available in Salt Lake City, Warsaw, Dallas, and Singapore. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- As a Senior Reliability Engineer your focus is on automation, monitoring, and incident management of production reference data systems (ETL, databases/stores, APIs) - about 75% engineering and 25% incident postmortem.
- Our engineering effort is dominantly automating data toil, revitalizing our legacy systems into distributed, fault-tolerant systems, as well as establishing system health monitoring and SLO- driven error budget governance.
- Our incident management is in collaboration with product owners, producing blameless postmortems, identifying real root cause, and eliminating recurrence.
- This role requires building scalable solutions, recognize issues and a hands on software engineering experience.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- An academic study of software design, data structures, complexity, and algorithms.
- 7+ years of hands on development experience with exposure to the full software development life cycle.
- 7+ years' of experience with data environments including relational SQL databases and distributed NoSQL data stores with emphasis on data validation, quality, ETL, and data streams.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with subject matter experts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity