Engineer, Connected Home
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Key Responsibilties:
The Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Manage project & work closely with engineering on new RG and GPON project implementation to realise and ensure fault-free service roll-out to customers & network infrastructure.
- Manage UAT for new broadband devices firmware to meet test criteria thru using various test system via Security test tools, WiFi test tools, Network test tools & RPA automation system.
- Manage and lead new GPON project as assigned by engineering, POC test activities and any new task as assigned by CPE engineering.
- Manage and liaise with vendors, engineering and operation teams on fault simulation investigation test requirement and problem analysis.
- Develop new test cases to meet new growth requirement and enhance existing test plan where test case has becomes obsolete or change in design specification.
- Manage, maintain, and enhance lab servers including but not limited to security patches, OS update and renewal of SSL.
- Accessing and managing firewall policies via the command line interface
- Analyse and review the vulnerability scan & security report for broadband devices and test system servers.
- Manage and co-ordinate with Property and Facilities Dept for lab services and power requirement.
- Manage lab GPON end-to-end system and RG automation project for new firmware UAT and monitor soak test progress throughout the product life cycle.
- Manage and co-ordinate with a team of lab staff in executing the projects and all test activities.
- Any other tasks assigned by the manager.
- Degree in Engineering / Computer Science or its equivalent from recognized institution.
- Solid understanding of the network OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Familiar in VMware, docker and Linux.
- Good to have experience in python, SQL and Tableau
- Strong interest in RPA or scripting.
- Good knowledge of DHCP, DNS, FTP and VoIP
- Certification in CCNA and ITIL4 is preferred.
- Analytical mind, detail-oriented and creative thinking skills.
- Possess leadership and good inter-personal skills.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.