About the Role
- An exciting opportunity to work on the Data Matching Engine (DME) Reconciliation Tool
- Full-stack development role
- Role Reporting to Engineering Chapter Lead, Institutional Technology
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're making this happen by improving the sustainability and financial wellbeing of our customers - whether they're buying a home, building a business or saving for things big or small .
The Engineer, Full-stack Developer is critical to making this happen and will be part of the DME team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the Data Matching Engine (DME) Reconciliation Tool that has been built as a control to monitor the consistency of data between systems during data migration & end of day feeds. This Single Page application is built on a modern web platform using Java, Spring Boot, Apache Camel (back end), React (front end) and on a path-to-cloud with containerisation (OpenShift).
This role is accountable for:
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time What will you bring?
- Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development - working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and functionality to our customers all over the world
- Once you've settled in and have a comfortable grasp of the product, environment, and processes, you'll be given more responsibility and start leveraging your previous experience - bringing new ideas to the table concerning everything from feature development, process improvement, and product suggestions
- Developing and iterating on technical proposals - outlining how solutions will be structured and developed
- Developing solutions, you've designed from the ground up through to deployment into production
- Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks within the application and broader infrastructure
- Participating in design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Performance debugging, benchmarking and building awesome things in general
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Relevant experience in end to end software development
- Experience working across multiple stacks (UI / API / Data)
- Experience with Java; SpringBoot, Apache Camel
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with tools such as Git, Docker, JIRA, Confluence and test-driven methodologies.
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins / Codefresh / Terraform.
- Knowledge about Kubernetes
- Knowledge about Authorisation / Authentication / UAM
You're not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture, so if you have most of these things in your toolbox, we'd love to hear from you. So, why join us?
There's something special about being part of ANZ. From the moment you join us, you're part of a team working towards a common goal: improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our millions of customers.
As a Purpose-led bank we've committed to delivering commercial and societal outcomes across environmental sustainability, financial wellbeing and housing affordability. We deliver these sustainability commitments with our customers, in our business and across the communities where we operate.
But it's not just our customers who will feel your impact. You'll feel it too. Because at ANZ, you'll have the resources and community you need to take the next big step in your career, towards even bigger things in the future.
We offer a range of benefits tailored to the countries in which we operate including Health and Wellbeing programs and flexible working arrangements.
You'll also enjoy working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.careers.anz.com. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 24946.