At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
In our Data business, we're responsible for supplying the data. Our content acquisition and business management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including pricing, research, exchanges, client service, and contract team. We onboard an incredible amount of content so imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, efficient, and compliments other Bloomberg products. What is the role?
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of Bloomberg's Exchange Data business in the APAC region. Reporting to the Global Head of Exchanges & Data Model (EDM), you will manage a team of 10+ employees and help deliver strategies that drive commercial results, as well as technical and operational excellence. You will work closely with multiple engineering teams and Bloomberg clients while liaising with various internal departments to achieve targets and improve the product as a whole. In addition to day-to-day leadership support, you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and training the team. You will coordinate talent development efforts with global counterparts and promote shared best practices. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Be a strong and dedicated leader who can communicate a clear vision about where the department is heading and how you're going to get there together
- Manage, mentor, develop and challenge a team of experienced Technical Project Managers (TPMs), Technical Account Managers (TAMs), and Content Relationship Managers (CRMs) across multiple APAC locations
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure teams are focused on the highest-value work, projects are delivered in a timely manner, and proactive investments are made to Bloomberg's technologies that support the exchange market data to scale and prevent outages
- Build trusted and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across Bloomberg including but not limited to Core Product, Enterprise Data, Legal, Engineering, and Contracts
- Build relationships with financial market exchanges, index providers and other trading venues, which includes driving commercial negotiations for securing rights for data that Bloomberg requires for our products and our customers
- Act as an escalation point and face off to key stakeholders and C-Suite at the Exchanges
- Have a workforce plan that maximises the skills of the team, fosters collaboration, and encourages diversity
- Act as an advocate for diversity and inclusion through the understanding of Bloomberg's value, truly understanding its importance to our business to achieve
Does this sound like you?
- 1+ years of direct or indirect leadership experience (for example leading projects, mentoring people, etc.)
- 5+ years of professional market data experience in the financial market, ideally from banks, exchanges or financial technology companies
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics/business intelligence applications (such as QlikSense or Tableau) and programming languages (such as Excel, SQL, Python, VBA, MATLAB or Regex)
- Demonstrated experience aligning your vision to the department's goals in a fast-changing landscape of real-time market data, reference data and technology, and the ability to execute a business and people strategy which response dynamically to the ever-evolving needs of the market
- Demonstrated experience establishing strong credibility and building influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Technical fluency and being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of data redistribution policies, vendor products, and customer usage
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to context switch often and effectively
- Demonstrated customer service, negotiation, and relationship-building skills while executing projects in a matrix organisation.
- Demonstrated experience solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Demonstrated experience analysing workflows and removing organisational barriers to improve cross-team collaboration and efficiency
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, comfortable explaining complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior management
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.