The CCIB Risk Initiatives team sits within the COO office for Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking business.
Risk Initiatives ("RIs") relate to programs cutting across CCIB businesses, working in an agile operating model with each segment and product area. RIs are CCIB-wide risk initiatives encompassing:
- Complex/Large Scale Regulatory Change
- Material Policy changes
- Topical strategic risks (such as US/CN geopolitical risks)
The CCIB RI Team enables the business to proactively impact assess new RIs, coordinate the approach and interpretation across businesses; and partners with the business teams to implement requirements in a consistent and coordinated manner. In some instances, the CCIB RI team leads pan-bank regulatory or risk initiatives, especially where the majority of work or accountability sits within CCIB.
The role holder will lead the Programme of work in delivering ISO 20022 & related implementation across the businesses, ensuring that the Bank will be compliant with applicable regulations and industry requirements. Responsibilities
- Support the Executive Director, CCIB Strategic Risk Initiatives and the Accountable Executive for ISO in the governance and implementation of the Pan-Bank, (CCIB, CPBB & FCSO) ISO20022 initiative, including ongoing monitoring and management of risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Manage and coordinate the management of senior stakeholders to ensure the success of the bank's ISO 20022 delivery, including (but not limited to) COOs, CIOs, Head of Operational Risks and Head of CFCC supporting CCIB, CPBB and FCSO.
- Coordinate and align multiple ISO200022 delivery teams within SCB to ensure that the overall SCB obligations for ISO200022 for SWIFT and country are met. Where timelines are not met due to external factors, ensure that a corresponding remediation plan is formulated.
- Work with business/function ISO programme leads across the bank to develop and execute the pan-bank ISO20022 implementation plan that consolidates plans across business & countries, working with business and function specific project managers to achieve the common goal.
- Ensure that pan-bank risks, issues, impediments, blockers and dependencies are identified, managed and if required, escalated in a timely manner.
- Adhere to change management standards and procedures and establish framework to ensure that business specific initiatives are adopting the same standards.
- Support the running of programme governance meetings.
- Comply with Programme Management Standards and the SDF Control Framework (including Agile).
- Support execution of Pan-Bank ISO20022 implementation based on approved scoping artefacts and project management of day-to-day including task tracking, risk & issue management, stakeholder management etc.
- Assist with reporting to relevant project and programme steering committees via packs generated using bank-wide standardized tools.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Adherence to the Bank's Programme Management good practice and governance, ensuring compliance to Group policies, standards, and local regulatory requirements.
Skills & Knowledge
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Any Bachelor/ Master's Degree from a recognized University.
- 10+ years of Experience in Programme Management and Senior Stakeholder Management.
- Experienced in both technology and business programme management
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities and work with management oversight to drive the best outcome possible.
- Should have wide knowledge in various business segments and product areas.
- Knowledge/ Experience with payment system implementation is an advantage.
- Hand-on experience working on JIRA.
- Hands-on experience working in an Agile environment.
- Hands-on individual contributor with an eye for detail and a proactive, self-managed working style.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills; able to effectively engage, influence and manage senior business stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a collaborative, global team.
- Good strategic thinking in identifying solutions and selecting the best combination of practices.
- Proven ability to perform under a high pressure and dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving and planning abilities, high improvement focus, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team, including taking initiative, providing regular updates on your work, seeking, and providing support as required.
About Standard Chartered
- Execute Significant Change Management Initiatives
- Facilitating Effective Coordination with Business & Function
- Business - Governance & Support
- Resilience regulatory and operational experience
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organization, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realize their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers