As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Core Responsibilities
As a Head of Design we'd like you look after our Consumer / CBG design team. In this capacity you'd be managing about 3 direct reports who are each running design teams focusing on different parts of our consumer facing offering. Altogether you'd be overseeing the work of about 29 designers. Below are your core objectives:
Requirements / Skillsets & Mindsets
- Own and drive the quality of design and resulting customer experience focusing on our digital touchpoints for consumers across all DBS markets (i.e., PayLah!, Card Plus, digibank mobile banking, DBS internet banking and others).
- As you and your team design each experience focus on our core UX principles: To be Useful, Trusted, Easy to Use and Delightful.
- Represent the CBG design team at executive level and below
- Champion design and act as an advocate for customer needs, leveraging customer insights, data and storytelling to change minds and touch hearts.
- Attract, grow and retain high-performing design talent by being an authentic, invested and caring people manager.
- Lead your design team to create and deliver high-quality experiences and artifacts that deliver business- and customer-outcomes building trust and loyalty.
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders and executives and drive alignment for design briefs and objectives, project priorities and outcomes. Maintain a creative dialogue and educate stakeholders on the Group Design function where necessary.
- Act as a thought leader, you innovate and inspire our team, clients, and the wider Asian creative and financial community.
- Embed yourself and your teams into innovation efforts, strategic planning and road mapping with your respective product partners promoting a customer centric, design-led view
- Identify and promote best-practices and drive alignment across different parts of our design team
- Collaborate with peer DBS design leaders and teams to create coherent, high-quality DBS-branded experiences that scale across channels and platforms
As the CBG Head of Design you will be mostly concerned with managing people, stakeholders, design quality, process and outcomes. We believe that the below skillsets are essential for your success. We will work with you on identifying potential challenges and gaps and to turn them into actionable growth plans.
- Storytelling - Aptitude for convincing others (internally and externally) of the value of ideas. Ability to represent the brand in the public domain (i.e., in industry events & press articles).
- Stakeholder Management - Ability to create alignment, managing conflicts, influencing, and building relationships in order to protect your team and drive project success.
- Executive Maturity - Create energy, focus and clarity, lead at scale, inspire others, represent design inside & outside DBS. Ability to forge a strong sense of connection between the team-members and other departments.
- Vision - Process of seeing the bigger picture and creating a new path to success by contextualising the work, humanising the impact, or defining the why, in order for others to understand, learn, or build on it.
- Ownership - Demonstrate personal and professional drive to improve the standing of design in DBS. Honour your team's commitments and responsibilities.
- Design Excellence - Continuously improve your team's craft to be(come) world-class designers. Evidence of excellent design chops - leveraged during reviews and mentorship sessions and evidenced in top-tier design awards recognizing the team's work.
- Problem Solving - Process of knowing the source of the problem and finding the effective solution
- Product thinking - Process of knowing what makes a product (and subsequent releases) useful and loved by customers.
- Facilitation - Process of leading people through processes towards agreed-upon objectives in a manner that encourages participation, ownershipand creativity by all those involved.
- Organizational Design - Ability to set up and manage a design team day-to-day along with the implementation of processes that ensure design quality, people growth as well as the achievement of customer & business-outcomes.
- People Growth - Sees opportunity in challenges and can turn them into actionable growth plans for team and self. Has a proven track record of effectively growing people.
- Innovation - Demonstrates ability and willingness to develop innovative, exciting solutions to business problems. Possesses a passion to challenge the status quo and find new solutions.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.