FICC Ops - Commodities Operations, Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FICC Ops - Commodities Operations, Associate, Singapore
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with institutional clients, sales & trading desks, technology and other business partners to offer best in class client service, solve complex problems and influence change? This is a great opportunity for an analytical/client service individual to utilize their professional skills by controlling risks and driving efficiencies in a fast paced environment.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Within Global Market Operations, the Commodities Operation team provides risk management by facilitating the intraday processing and exception management of trade breaks both internally and externally for Commodity products. Various operational reconciliations are performed on trade date and post trade date to ensure successful trade flow and books and records balancing. The team also executes various projects aimed at balance sheet optimization and gaining operational efficiency.
The team works closely with team members across regional and global offices to facilitate the above functions. The team supports a cross section of products ranging from highly complex structured transactions to more vanilla trades. Individuals are required to develop a strong product, industry, and technical knowledge in order to facilitate the transaction flow and to anticipate and avoid potential trade problems. This position requires a high degree of communication with traders and salespeople in a fast paced setting and ongoing interaction with other Operations teams, Compliance, Credit, and Technology to resolve issues arising from trade execution, client queries, and new business. In addition, we are looking for a strong candidate that can help to drive workflow improvement across the organization. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Build and maintain strong Business relationship with various teams - Sales, Trading, Technology and other stakeholders to ensure timely resolution on complex issues
- Manage Real-time trade booking exceptions internally between the Trading and Sales desk
- Coordinate with external clients and internal teams for timely execution on Economic Affirmations, Legal Confirmations and Trade Settlements
- Monitor operational risk throughout trade processing life cycle
- Partner with Legal, Compliance and Operations team to ensure full compliance with financial regulatory reforms, internal risk management protocols and industrywide market practice
- Implement Firm polices for governing the confirmation process to strengthen fraud prevention controls globally
- Support buildout of systems and process to accommodate regulatory, industry, and new business initiatives
- Collaborate with regional and global Operations teams to execute on broad base strategies and projects
- Bachelor's degree
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and creative approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Understanding of Commodities Market and derivatives. Physical Commodities experience will be an advantage.
- Trade Support / Documentation experience, ideally within Commodities, will be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years of working experience
- Excellent team player, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organization; able to work independently and as a self-starter, as appropriate
- Multitask and remain composed in high pressure environment with proven ability to organize and prioritize own workload and drive results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated confidence in communicating in a variety of forums and with varied audiences
- Attention to details and a sense of urgency in escalating and resolving outstanding issues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity