FI Sales Associate
- Permanent, Full time
- SOCIETE GENERALE HK
- 17 Feb 19
FI Sales Associate
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe.
- Product Technical and Market knowledge: demonstrates a strong knowledge and expertise on marketing structured products to Institutional Investors (notably on EQ, FX, Rates, Commodity and derivative investments). Strong knowledge in financial markets overall and their dynamics (ability to provide client with suitable and relevant market comments and advisory), and keep developing this knowledge through regular training.
- Sales Talent and Efforts: strong sales and communication skills, pro-active and autonomous in marketing existing and new clients, developing close commercial relationships, identifying client needs and originating business opportunities, leading them effectively and timely to deal execution. High results orientation and working capacities, promotes SG capabilities and services, demonstrates continuously a strong ability to grow both the business with existing clients and the client base (always detecting and onboarding new clients, potentially focusing more on most significant clients and business opportunities)
- Market Intelligence: Knows the market, the needs of each client segment, clients transactions and interests as well as behaviour in the market, what competitors do in terms of products and services - Feedback the information to management, and trading to improve capabilities and adequacy of the platform.
- Cooperation: ensure effective team work within the local team but also globally, ensure appropriate back-up but also sharing of relevant information about clients and transactions. Good cooperation with all other departments such as the other sales teams, trading, engineering, research, coverage as well as all the other partners and including especially support functions (MO, BO, compliance, legal, IT etc… - and not mentioned as a problem maker by these various departments)
- Reporting and Transparency: Regular reporting of the activity to management, results/achievements but also impediments/issues and immediately raise internal or external incidents if any. Reports all client meetings to coverage and all necessary parties/stakeholders, input relevant information on client and meeting into iC or any other CMU tools
- Operational risk management and Compliance with internal guidelines: Refers to Sales Handbook and avoid to enter into any discussion or transaction that could lead to a long-term liability for SG. Understand local rules and regulations of his market(s) and complies with all internal guidelines pre- and post-trade (notably but obviously not only such as KYC, credit pre-trade check in Riskweb tool, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including Compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre- and final confirmation, appropriate follow-up on SSI, settlements, valuation reports and other reportings if necessary etc...), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, GILT listed deals…) etc… , and always refers/escalate all potential issues/internal or external incidents to management, COO or Compliance
Major Accountabilities/Principal responsibilities:
- Coverage of Institutional clients based in Singapore and abroad, mainly on their EQ, FX and IR investing needs and other investment products
- Build and develop close client relationships
- Execution of daily flow to support the senior sales.
- Enlarge and diversify client portfolio (widening of product scope, increase in volumes, market share and/or markup with existing client base, and onboarding of new clients)
- Push various product campaigns & maintain awareness of SG product strength and offerings. Conduct trainings/presentations with clients
- Meet operational budget target
- Cooperation with other sales and with other sales teams, as well as other departments and partners (notably Coverage/Relationship Managers, Trading, Engineering, RISQ, MO, BO, Legal, Compliance, etc...)
- Ensure the activity is performed safely and appropriately, in compliance with internal guidelines as mentioned above
- Always keep updated on the regulation proactively to offer perfect internal & external code of conduct
- Able to organize, supervise and guide trainees and offshore team. Provide continuous and adequate internal training to deliver best service to clients. Key focus on excelling in providing clean documentation, timely pricings.
- Access new automation ideas, initial and lead projects with various teams to continuously improve efficiency
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge required:
- Strong Market and Technical knowledge as well as Execution skills in structure products. Exceptional strong Derivative knowledge required in cross-assets with a broad background ideal derivatives
- Personal skills : strong sales and communication skills, autonomous and pro-active, energetic, results and client driven, strong ethics such as integrity and transparency, strong conduct risk awareness. Able to work under a stressful environment.
- Knowledge required in Macroeconomics & financial markets, cross-asset structure products, EQ, FX & Rates trading conventions.
- Chinese speaker (both writing and speaking)
- Degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Science, Statistics, Engineering or related topics
- TRD, ENG, other MARK sales teams
- Client Support, Legal, MO, BO (local and global)
- RMs and other Coverage or Origination BLs, such as CORI COV
- KYC, CCG, RISQ, Legal, Compliance