FM Data Quality Analytics Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Financial Markets (FM) Data Management team is looking for a leader with a proven track-record in resolving data quality issues in a complex financial institution. This strong minded individual needs to be technically sound, with a proven track-record of delivery, to lead our Data Quality Analytics programme. The individual needs to have at least 10yrs experience working in a Financial Markets domain and extensive experience in; solving data problems at source, data profiling, big data technology, data governance and data analytics. The role requires tackling key data issues that impact regulatory regimes, setting out an architectural roadmap for the application, growing the team to meet the ever increasing demand, partnering with the business to ensure adequate ownership and implementing an operating model to gain insight in DQ issues, identify root cause, and resolve. Key Roles & Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities for the DQMA Lead Role include:
• Defining the technical roadmap of the application linked to the business strategy.
• Ensuring that the application is compliant with all relevant technology and project standards.
• Ensuring that strategy for security entitlements, retention, record keeping and audit trail is clear and there is plan to implement.
• Manage governance and prioritisation with the Product Owner.
• Liaise with key data sources to source data required to conduct analytics to meet business timeframes.
• Partnering with the business to define and implement an operating model to fix data at source.
• Oversight of business requirements and design implementation in the tool.
• Oversee and approve the testing strategy and control framework for the application ensuring any risks are captured in the risk framework and managed to completion.
• Ensuring adequate handover to production support teams to ensure production stability and troubleshooting.
• Ensuring the application has the appropriate release mgt processes in place to have frequent and safe releases.
• Identify opportunities to utilise and implement machine learning.
• Provide business cases and insights into opportunities for cost and control improvements related to data quality. Qualifications & Skills
Required experience, qualifications and skills:
• Excellent technical knowledge of data profiling, machine learning, big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, NiFI, Spark), MI visualisation tools (Tableau/Qlikview/Spotfire/SAS VA), rules engines and regulatory applications.
• Strong knowledge of data management including, ability to analyse data lineage, data quality governance, best practices for data quality resolution.
• Has some experience with meeting regulatory demands and providing updates to senior mgt and regulators.
• Agile delivery practitioner.
• Good understanding of Investment Banking products, Domain and Trade life cycle.
• Excellent verbal communication skills; facilitating working meetings, building rapport with stakeholders.
• Critical thinking and problem solving and explaining multiple solutions, assessing relative strengths and weaknesses, and justifying solutions for approval
Knowledge and experience in following will be a plus
• Experience in data policy, data governance and data dictionaries.
• MIFID2 knowledge.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .