FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don't simply believe in being 'The Best'. We believe in better - because there's no limit to how far 'better' can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives. If you believe in better, we'd love to hear from you. About the Role
The role holder is responsible in developing effective control framework for reconciliation functions.
The role holder will be responsible in reviewing existing processes and propose improvements.
- To lead the General Ledger Balance Sheet and complex bank account reconciliation process.
- To manage day to day reconciliations which would include monitoring of suspense accounts and reporting, recording and escalating any variances.
- To research variances and resolving reconciliation issues with Finance, Operations and Technology Divisions
- To understand and review existing end-to-end operational processes to identify inefficiencies and possible improvements & liaise with various internal and external parties to implement.
- To guide the team lead in proper documentation of key processes, workflows and controls in operational functions.
- To ensure transactions are uploaded into systems timely and completely.
- To participate in ad-hoc projects and tasks as and when assigned.
- Constantly review and lead improvement in reconciliation process and techniques.
- Keep abreast of developments in industry, regulatory, group and finance best practices.
- Compliance with AIA control framework, accounting standards, insurance & investment regulations in Singapore, Hong Kong and IFRS, etc.
- To ensure sound financial control and operation efficiency.
- Achievement against the following key performance indicators:-
- Transactions are properly accounted for with proper documentation by authorized personnel;
- Exceptional or material discrepancies/accuracy of accounting records are reported to the appropriate authority in accordance to operations manual;
- Timely and accurate reconciliation and system interfacing;
- Effectiveness and efficiency of follow-up in unreconciled item/discrepancies/reported exceptional cases;
- Process documentation and improvement;
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Degree or relevant qualification in finance-related field
- 5 to 8 years of operations accounting experience in an insurance setting
- Familiar with a range of insurance balance sheet accounts including but not limited to bank, premium suspense, payables, claims reserve.
- Proven track record of balance sheet management; including tracking of outstanding items, engaging stakeholders in improving operations flow and timeliness.
- Proficient in GL by Process for insurance operations processes
- Sound governance mindset
- Good planning and time management
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.