Finance Controller, Vice President
- Reporting into Regional APAC Controller.
- Responsible for all aspects of legal entity and BU Controllership within the ASEAN region (spanning Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, and Brunei) to ensure accuracy of financial results and that all internal controls are appropriately designed and executed. Coverage for Global Services, Global Delivery, Global Markets, Global Exchange and Global Advisors in region for Controllership impacts.
- Manage a small team based out of Singapore and partnering with a wide range of stakeholders including Businesses, the local management team, Lead Financial Officers (LFOs), outsourced functions team (Global Accounting Operations, Billing, Regulatory Reporting) and Finance /functional leadership team. Working closely with Business Controls teams to improve control environment.
- Coordinate with Global Close and Consolidation team on monthly close cycle process for accuracy and efficiency. Ensure financial controls are operating effectively and issues reported/ resolved and appropriately escalated. Responsibility for Internal Audit results and remediation for Singapore entities.
- Regulatory reporting to MAS and implementation of the new MAS 610 framework - Ensure all regulatory returns, statistics and surveys data are prepared accurately and timely, and in compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements which includes maintain and write up of respective procedures and documentation.
- Actively manage external auditor to finalize statutory reporting for all entities in the ASEAN region advisor including query resolution. In accordance with Legal Entity Governance Standards, to act as Finance representative for all statutory entities in the periodic Board meetings.
- Key interface and close collaboration with LFO's and FP&A organization to ensure alignment and accuracy or monthly, Quarterly/ Annual results and alignment to Business Unit initiatives and correct treatment of key events (Impairment, deferrals etc).
- Represent in relevant local, regional and global governance committees, project steering committees, and BU Risk committees etc.
- Finance and accounting support to Business unit strategy and plans, Deal Team, introduction of new products etc.
- Lead and execution of transformation initiatives, ensure robust control and knowledge transfer for activities migrated to Hub Locations, proper implementation of systems which impact the external & internal financial & regulatory reporting in the ASEAN region. Execute on initiatives that impact accounting, reporting or tax including capital management, legal entity rationalization etc.
- Oversee tax compliance (direct and Indirect) including implementation of Transfer Pricing.
- Attestations - SOX, reporting, Control environment attestation, representation letters etc.
- Talent management, business continuity, compensation planning, succession planning, goal setting and tracking.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required by the APAC controller from time-to-time.
• Qualified Accountant with approximately 15 years of relevant experience.
• Strong Leadership capability and stakeholders' management skills
• Ability to understand and ensure compliance with local reporting requirements
• Fast learner, proactive in nature and has excellent attention for details
• Good knowledge of Accounting System (e.g. Oracle, SUN) will be an advantage
• Ability to work in a fast paced banking environment managing multiple priorities