Finance Director South East Asia
As Finance Director working within the South East Asia (SEA) Leadership Team, you will define, support and drive commercial and financial related business outcomes. Reporting to the CFO of Asia Pacific and partnering closely with the Managing Director for SEA you will be relied upon to provide commercial insights and advice as well as protect and grow the core value of the business through maintaining and continually improving financial controls, systems and processes. You will partner with customers and our employees to drive win-win outcomes to complex business challenges in an ever changing market environment.
Key role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Providing thought leadership and senior support to the regional Finance Organization.
• Key member of the SEA Leadership Team to provide senior business partnering and commercial insights to drive growth for a business that is rapidly expanding, covering markets across Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Myanmar.
• Successfully manage a team of 5 finance professionals (2 direct reports and 3 dotted line) providing guidance and support to the team
• Responsible for all aspects of the Finance function for SEA including financial and statutory reporting, budgeting and forecasting, management reporting, pricing and sales support, procurement, controllership, treasury and cash management activities.
• Represent SEA in presenting the annual business plan, as well as ongoing financial performance and business results to regional senior stakeholders.
• Identify risk and opportunities and work with the business to maximise revenue and profitability while ensuring sustainable growth.
• Provide sound commercial advice and finance support to senior stakeholders and decision makers on bid-reviews, M&A investment cases and strategic partnerships.
• Promote best practice across the finance teams (onshore and offshore) and champion continuously improvement of finance processes to drive efficiency.
• Act as a steward to protect and safeguard the organization's assets and ensure global accounting and business policies are adhered to as well as optimal use and allocation of resources.
• Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including regional and global finance stakeholders, auditors, tax advisors, banking relationships, vendors and business partners.
• Property and Facilities Management to ensure SEA properties and facilities are appropriate and aligned with our business operations and future strategies
• A qualified accountant, CA/CPA with 10-12 years relevant experience including leadership experience, working with large complex businesses as well as exposure to new business ventures.
• Hands-on and comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic environment - an entrepreneurial spirit will be to your advantage.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of technical accounting topics - e.g. IFRS15 revenue recognition
• Commercial minded with strong relevant business and product knowledge - in-depth understanding of the commercial drivers impacting Experian's SEA business
• Presence, gravitas and ability to influence senior stakeholders with demonstrated prior success in a business partnering role and an ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• Excellent communicator and presentation skills with ability to present ideas and results in a credible and influential manner and to make financial information simple and insightful for decision makers
• Strong people management skills with an ability to inspire and build confidence in staff members
• Analytical with attention to detail, operating to a high degree of accuracy