Job Purpose and Impact
The Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures and Joint Ventures (MADJV) Finance Expert will lead the coordination and execution of accounting and finance activities for pre and post close financial transition activities within the assigned region and other regions as the need arises. In this role, you will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of activities through collaboration across corporate development, controllership, finance operations, treasury, tax , insurance and legal teams. Key Accountabilities
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Maintain the company's due diligence and integration playbooks for relevant merger, acquisition, divestiture and joint venture projects.
- Integrate new business into current local, group, corporate financial and management reporting processes, working across financial departments.
- Maintain purchase price accounting or sales balance sheet model to ensure proper statement of opening or closing balances.
- Lead execution of the financial due diligence and integration playbooks, manage third parties if needed and provide progress updates to Corporate Development and the Integration Management Office.
- Partner with corporate accounting and finance operations teams to coordinate setup of any corporate and local financial organization hierarchies.
- Collaborate with financial planning & analysis, finance operations, controllers, treasury, tax and IT teams to develop integration plans that include quantification of finance synergies and identification of resources
- Review sales, purchase and transition service agreements according to established financial due diligence guidelines, provide guidelines on legal entity structures and foster third party relationships if needed.
- Assist with collection of data room materials and preparation of carve out financials for divestitures.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Minimum of ten years of related experience analyzing financial statements and management reports
- Previous MADJV experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Strong business partnering and proven ability to communicate, influence and build trust across multiple stakeholder groups