As a Software Engineer for regulatory reporting technology, you will be owning and driving the technology strategy while building applications that support the daily needs of Finance users across China. You will be responsible for the end to end definition & delivery of complex Regulatory Reporting change:
- The regulatory reporting application suite covers data sourcing, calculations, and last mile reporting capabilities for local jurisdictions. Key vendor applications from global vendors such as, Wolters Kluwer, Resoft and other regulatory products in the reporting estate.
- The Regulatory Reporting team in APAC works closely with their global counterparts, collaborating to align to global architecture standards while implementing local solutions.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of a highly motivated team of technologists who are developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and vendor software, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you'll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 8 years of total experience
- Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience of architecture, design and business processes
- Experience implementing vendor software solutions
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- 5 years or more of experience in SQL, preferable in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Strong Unix and Shell scripting knowledge.
- Proficiency in Mandarin is preferred to liaise with stakeholders from China
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive implementation of best practice software development processes, including Agile development, shorter development cycles, continuous integration, and test automation.
- Build strong relationships with Finance users as well as the Finance Projects team. Collaborate with business counterparts to effectively and efficiently delivery technology solutions to meet their requirements.
- Respond to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm's regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Adopt industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Drive innovation across the finance technology portfolio, increasing efficiency through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Build constructive relationships with key software vendor partners.
- Understand the technical environment and look to continually promote increased knowledge in the team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and with tact and diplomacy when appropriate.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills - excellent attention to detail.
- Be conscientious, reliable and inquisitive with a keen desire to learn, not just gain the knowledge necessary for the job but also the underlying reasons and drivers.
- The ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and to support multiple tasks in parallel.
- Deep understanding of and passion for SDLC processes and automated tools, spanning requirements/issue management, defect tracking, source control, build automation, test automation and release management.
- Experience with Agile methodology (SCRUM, LEAN)
- Experience implementing vendor software packages and managing vendor relationship