SG Financial Crime Surveillance Operations (FCSO) Apprenticeship Programme
Recent Polytechnic Graduates who join the SG FCSO Apprenticeship Programme will go through a 12-month learning and development journey across various SG FCSO functions (including but not limited to Transaction Monitoring, Name Screening & Control Operations).
During this learning journey, you will embark on two 6-months rotations. You will be exposed to different projects and tasks, alongside structured trainings, mentorship and on-the-job learning.
Through the programme, you'll experience an incredible and varied global learning experience, which include:
- Talent assignments
- Technical and professional skills training
- Future skills and development workshops
- Targeted online learning
- Inspiring thought leadership speaker events
- Real-life business problem solving and more
We'll provide you with the tools, training, network, and support to help you become a change agent, and drive innovation and creativity across the Bank. Investigations
To investigate risk events / cases:
- Escalated by Financial Crime Surveillance Unit (FCSO-AA) teams (arising from Transaction Monitoring, Trade AML &/or Name Screening);
- Other escalations as per procedures / DOI; (and)
- Any other matter as directed by Country Head of FCSO for identifying suspicious transaction / activities with Group policy and procedures, law and regulations in Singapore on AM;/CFT
To support Country Head of FCSO to lead and manage the Singapore Financial Crime Surveillance Operations (FCSO) Team, including but not limited to
- Providing guidance and training to Case Investigation Specialists and relevant value chain stakeholders (e.g. FCSO-AA, FCSO-QCO, and FCSO-RFI);
- Monitoring relevant metrics and lead requisite actions to intervene, where required;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including but not limited to Business Units, FCC and like;
- Securing credible audit / review outcome for the unit;
- Ensuring timely reporting and escalation of significant risk issues to management; and
- Supporting initiatives to enhance relevant work processes for both effectiveness and efficiency purposE
People and Talent
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory /law enforcement matters on the relevant business area and operations
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Ensure that significant investigations are concluded internally and externally where relevant (including cross-border).
- Support senior oversight of FCSO SG.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support all control checks undertaken by FCSO under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Graduated with a Polytechnic Diploma with less than 2 years of working experience
- Keen interest in Banking and Finance industry
- Knowledge and interest in Financial Crime Compliance (AML/CFT, Sanctions and ABC), particularly in case investigation
- Understand of MAS Notice 626, and others, like guidance / circulars
- Processes excellent interpersonal skills, multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be able to make sound judgement on business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk
- Independent worker who can demonstrate robustness in ethnics and resilience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills