First VP, Innovation and Capabilities (Data Analytics & Modeling), T&O Governance and Assurance
Posting Date: 23-Dec-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- To be an innovative leader responsible for the creation of new data analytics and science capabilities in a first-line-of-defence risk and control function within Group Technology & Operations of a large and complex financial institution.
- Envision and execute strategies that will improve visibility of risk insights and effectiveness of T&O risk assurance programs through process automation, influencing the early identification and management of emerging risks.
- Proactively work with the T&O Risk Governance & Assurance function head, department heads and domain specialists within the function in order to provide advanced analytic data modeling systems for use cases.
- Provide shared services to the larger T&O Risk Governance & Assurance function in the main overseas banking subsidiaries for use case data analytics and modelling deployment.
- Design and launch innovative and complex analytic models, utilizing a blend of contemporary and traditional data mining techniques, applied to both structured and unstructured data sets.
- Responsible for overseeing activities of the data analyst ensuring proper execution of duties and alignment with the function's overall vision.
- Nurture data analytics skills within the risk and assurance teams.
Be a part of UOB Family
- A master's degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field. A working experience of the same is also acceptable for the position.
- Be technologically adept and especially demonstrate an understanding of database and computer software, and to be highly proficient and experienced in scripting languages and have rapid prototyping skills, that is, fluency in SQL, Python, R, Java, VB, among others.
- At least 7 years of working experience in a data science position, preferably working as a Senior Data Scientist.
- Outstanding skills in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, which will all be necessary for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations, for senior management, executives, and stakeholders.
- Exceptionally good skills in SQL server reporting services, analysis services, Qliksense, Tableau, integration services, or any other data visualization tools.
- Highly skilled in statistical and modeling packages such as SAS, Statistica, Matlab, R, visualization and other advanced analysis tools. He will also be an expert in data management programming such as SQL, PL-SQL, and Python as well as being familiar with the workings of time-series analyses.
- Proven and successful track record of leading high-performing data analyst team through the successful performance of advanced quantitative analyses and statistical modeling that positively impact business performance.
Apply now and make a difference.