First VP, Operational Risk Management, Group Risk Management
Posting Date: 04-Apr-2021
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management
function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group's business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile. Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relevant o perational risk management frameworks, policies and procedures, and oversee consistent and effective operationalization and implementation.
- Work with the business and support units, guiding them to identify and assess the key risks in their end-to-end processes, design effective process control test steps to mitigate key risks, conduct self-assessments and monitor operational risks in a timely manner.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the business and support units' process controls tests through analyzing, measuring, and assessing the results derived from the operational risk programmes.
- Assess and highlight the operational risks of business and support units via Key Risk Indicators and Key Risk Control Indicators.
- Review Product Programmes to ensure that the operational risks associated with specific products are identified and addressed appropriately.
- Review Due Diligence and Risk Assessment on the service providers pertaining to both outsourcing and non-outsourcing arrangements.
- Promote greater operational risk management awareness among the Business and Support units through the conduct of operational risk training sessions.
- Create user acceptance test cases and conduct user acceptance tests for the assigned modules in the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) System.
- Prepare operational risk management reports for regulatory and/or management reporting.
- Lead or participate in operational risk management projects.
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 15 years of banking experience either with operational risk, quality assurance, audit or other risks and controls-related function in the Retail Banking business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g. communication, negotiation, persuasion skills) to engage stakeholders across businesses and geographies within the Bank.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with initiative and drive to achieve high quality work.
- Natural team player and collaborator.
- Able to appreciate the broader issues while keeping an eye on key details.
- Good understanding of banking operations and related processes would be an advantage.
- Preferably with 2-3 years of data analytics work experience.
- Active and agile learner with growth mindset.
- Degree holder or its equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.