First VP, Trade Product Management, Group Transaction Banking
Posting Date: 23-Sep-2022
Location: Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients. Job Responsibilities
- Work with the Global Head of Trade Product Management and Global Head of Trade and FSCM sales to conceptualize the strategic direction for Trade/FSCM business growth and agree on specific actionable items.
- Maintain and share up-to-date knowledge base on competitor and market information to enhance our product offerings in specific markets
- Drive commercialisation of electronic channel(i.e. Infinity Trade/FSCM) and Trade/FSCM solutions across our markets in coordination with the country teams
- Develop marketing tools, collateral and devise initiatives for sales force to help drive commercialisation effectively
- Lead the development and delivery of internal training programs for key stakeholders such as Sales across business segments, Credit, Trade Operations, Legal, etc
- Work to ensure the highest possible standards of offering globally, bespoke as necessary for local requirements but engineered for global performance.
- Ensure strict governance in the delivery of Trade/FSCM, engage with key stakeholders to continuously enhance our product proposition e.g Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc.
- Stakeholder management across various functions including Sales, Legal, Compliance, Credit, Tax, Finance, Operations etc to ensure continued product governance across markets.
- Assist and create influence along with local teams to support challenging structures which can be shows to meet the risk, control and return standards of the Bank. (Stakeholders such as operational risk, technology, legal, tax, compliance, product development, channels....)
- Work with the team to develop a strategy related core operating platforms, Middleware and channels to ensure attainment of our goal to be the Number 1 supply chain bank.
- Drive market differentiation, enhance competitive advantage, improve performance and strengthen the Bank's Trade/FSCM position in this space
- Engage and liaise with third party platform providers as necessary to establish and further develop relationships of key strategic importance to the Bank
- Constantly innovate the existing product offering and create new solutions keeping in mind evolving client needs, and the needs for a robust platform to service a global business model.
Budget and targets
- Work with country product teams and regional trade heads to establish and drive the budgets and targets for the products under management.
- Monitor and track the business performance by working closely with other departments such as Finance, Credit, Legal, Compliance and Trade Operations
- Constantly monitor business performance at country/regional and global levels and devise initiatives to plug any gaps in relevant geographies.
Compliance and Risk Governance
- Ensure all product compliance, and risk governance is abided by at all times, including operational risks, compliance and financial crime. Aim to push the barriers of commerciality within the confines of these requirements, always striving for the best outcomes that protect the Banks reputations and risk frameworks
- Constantly review applicable policies and procedures (internal as well as external) and ensure zero tolerance in terms of product breaches
Process Re-design and Change Management
- Engage in the design and development activity relating to new products and the re-engineering of existing products/processes.
- Take the iniative to listen to key stakeholders and redesign processes as necessary to meet the needs for a reduced TAT for the business
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 10 years of working experience in trade finance product management, especially for Asia.
- Strong trade finance technical and operation experiences, will be a plus.
- Possess strong in-depth knowledge of trade concepts, regulations, product program and international practices.
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical, interpersonal, negotiation, willing to learn and organization skills.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.