First Vice President, Innovation & Engagement Product Owner
First Vice President, Innovation & Engagement Product Owner
Posting Date: 13-Jan-2022
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department We are building and expanding the best digital bank in ASEAN
Traditional retail banking is changing rapidly, and will change even more in the next 10 years. We fundamentally rethink the retail banking strategy, business model and proposition, to stay relevant and keep up with the challenges that lie ahead in this rapidly evolving landscape.
TMRW (pronounced as "tomorrow") empowers the digital generation with a full suite of banking solutions through a smart, mobile-only app. Our mission is to build and expand the best digital bank in ASEAN. Launched in Indonesia and Thailand as the first mobile only digital bank by United Overseas Bank (UOB) in ASEAN, TMRW offers innovative and simple solutions to help customers stay one step ahead of their finances. Our business model is powered by next-generation artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, user interface design and smartphone capabilities. These include our own digital technology innovations as well as solutions provided through our collaboration with FinTech partners. We embrace a competitive strategy that focuses on customer intimacy, measured by net-promoter-score (NPS).
Since launch, TMRW has won many awards in total, including: Best Digital Bank in ASEAN, Best Digital Bank for Customer Experience and Best Bank for Millennials. As we enter our next phase of growth, we are looking for entrepreniurial and open minded team players who are keen to learn, enjoy taking on multiple roles, and willing to step out of your comfort zone.
You will be the catalyst of change for UOB and be part of our exciting roadmap in the next chapter of growth. Get ready for an exciting career path in a start-up environment that is diverse and fast-paced, where you will have the opportunity to be engaged in transformative programs, and collaborate with business, and technology teams as well as regional and country stakeholders. We believe in empowering our people, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do and their successes.
Join us to transform the future of banking and make banking simple, transparent and engaging! First Vice President, Engagement & Innovation PO Job Responsibilities 1. Product Owner responsible for end to end design build and implementation of Innovation & Engagement capabilities for TMRW Digital Bank across the region
a. Product Owner for Financial Gamification & Engagement initiatives in TMRW Digital Bank App
b. Work closely with cross functional AGILE squads to implement various Engagement, Design and Innovation features within the UOB TMRW digital Bank
c. Conduct customer and staff immersions - Support synthesize staff and customer insights - Personas, journey pains, gains with regards to service experience and improve performance.
d. Work closely with Business, UX/UI teams and Behavioural Science teams to develop compelling business cases and value propositions 2. Build and handle operational management requirements for specific innovation & engagement capabilities post launch deployment in TMRW Digital Bank across the region
a. Analyse data on in-app customer journey performance - from Adobe Analytics, Splunk, Crashanalytics and other applications to understand customer drop off or struggles in engagement features and use this to improve Job Requirements Minimum Educational Qualifications
1. Bachelor's Degree essential
2. Masters or advanced degree preferred
3. Scrum Product Owner
4. Design Thinking, LEAN methodology certifications and understanding essential
5. Data and Analytics Qualifications including AI, Cloud, other emerging technologies preferred Relevant Experience: Broad management knowledge or technical knowledge/ Years of experience
Which geographies/markets does the job focus on:
- Performing the role of a business lead/ Product Owner/Product Designer in driving the delivery E2E of technology projects and features with evidence of delivery
- Strong understanding of modern data driven applications, mar-tech stacks, consumer engagement technology and modern UI development techniques
- Strong understanding of gamification features, principles and platforms
- Good understanding of the consumer banking landscape in terms of products, functional teams, services and typical banking applications
- Good communication skills along with the ability to link innovation to clear business value
- Appreciation of the global fintech landscape and trends impacting retail banking
- Appreciation of design thinking/ human centered design methodology and experience in using it in project implementation
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving, communication and creative skills
- For FVP - Minimum of 10 years of work experience
Based in Singapore. Project will involve working with other UOB subsidiaries in Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia Candidate should possess the following qualities:
Be a part of UOB Family
- Willing to learn and a fast learner
- Logical thinking
- Problem solver
- Ability to work in team as well as independently
- Strong sense of responsibility
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.