Fixed Income Trader, VP
Purpose of the Role:
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is looking for a highly motivated Fixed Income Trader to be based in Singapore to execute on behalf of SSGA's Fixed Income Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for trade execution and oversight of all asset types in Fixed Income markets. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years previous Fixed Income trading experience in Asian local currency and hard currency bonds. They will work alongside the Singapore Portfolio Management team work closely with other SSGA traders located in London, Boston and Hong Kong.
Technical and Education Requirements:
- Primary coverage of the Singapore & London FI Portfolio Management team with a focus on general day-to-day trade execution
- Dissemination of trade ideas, market news and commentary to the PMs / research teams
- Responsible for ensuring execution quality, accuracy and timely execution of trades.
- Add instrument expertise as business requirements dictate.
- Ongoing review of execution quality and ongoing analysis and dissemination of the market liquidity situation within SSgA.
- Produce periodic information flow to the broader SSgA organisation with regards to the prevailing market news and dynamics.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Participate with local trade associations and with regard to market microstructure, regulatory and technology changes and their impact where appropriate.
- Ensure close cooperation with the support and oversight functions such as IT, Risk, Operations and Compliance.
- Ensure all procedure and controls are regularly reviewed with your manager and relevant committees and updated in accordance with their scheduled review cycle.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years previous Fixed Income trading experience in Asian local currency and hard currency bonds required.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Tradeweb and MarketAxess strongly preferred.
- Previous Asset Management trading experience strongly preferred.
- Degree education preferable.
- Language requirement : English , Mandarin (basic reading and speaking)
- IMC / IAQ / CFA qualifications a positive.
- Team oriented and flexible approach to work as the demands of the role dictates.
- Attention to detail is crucial.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.