Front Office Platform Product Owner
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Our mission is to build the most admired Entrepreneurial Bank in APAC supporting our management in building and implementing value-creating strategies and initiatives. Expect a diverse variety of challenging tasks and responsibilities, firmly embedded in the business with the view to deliver sustainable results with a significant impact to the bank.
For the further build out of our digital offering, which is key for our APAC division to capture the Asian opportunities, we are looking to expand our team of Business Product Owners. Good knowledge of the banking industry, Front-Office Banking Business and Private Banking Product Offerings combined with a lot of drive and an agile product owner attitude would be the ideal skillset to be part of a game changing team in the APAC Platform.
Responsibilities include delivering functionality within our APAC regional Front Office Channel (covering Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, and Australia). As agile product owner, you will be responsible to define and implement the product vision and strategy, engaging business partners and users to refine requirements, prioritizing and managing the IT backlog.
Responsible for the Change-the-Bank and Run-the-Bank aspects of the systems you own and represent progress of the projects and status of the platform to our business partners. You are expected to support the IT and business on our agile transformation journey and bring our business and IT partners closer together. Your solid understanding of the agile software development culture, outstanding interpersonal ability, diligent and thorough solid understanding of the firm's processes will help you convince our business partners to follow your product vision, but also to make sure the IT development team does the same and delivers the system in line with your vision and partner's expectations. Your Input is critical from the very start of a project; from initial client value proposition and client experience setting to idea building, process construction, and final implementation.
Our Product Owners are also in constant contact with Credit Suisse senior management, the internal IT developing team and Senior Program Leaders. This is a leadership role that requires strong organization and communication skills. You are the glue that holds clients, internal partners and project developers together; yours is the job of elucidating, educating, and developing healthy and long-lasting internal relationships within Credit Suisse. Primary Responsibilities
Ability to establish and communicate product vision:
- Seek to ensure end-to-end requirements around our Front Office Channel are gathered and analyzed
- Work with our user experience designer to come up with a compelling user interface
- Prioritize the book of work for IT development teams, balancing non-functional and functional enhancements, required end of life / end of support upgrades and bug fixes
- Ensure all parties are aware of project scope, expected benefits, the benefits it actually realizes, and project timelines
- Actively manage agile project progress against quality standards, targets and budgets and challenging actions, results and activities
- Manage change impact of the projects deployed to production (estimate efforts and make business aware of data migration needs, support trainings, post go-live handholding of new releases)
- Engage partners by providing updates through informal or formal meetings and ensure decisions are adequately syndicated and documented by relevant partners
- Identify risks and dependencies and issues early and actively drive respective mitigations
- Identify key business partners on the business lines and support departments from front to back upon new initiatives
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results with the help of SME / work stream leads for integration, functional, performance and user acceptance testing
- Ensure compliance with established guidelines for accurate and timely project delivery breakthroughs
- Actively establish strong domain understanding both deep and broad for the relevant end-to-end processes. Understanding user pain-points, process flaws, operational risks, compliance requirements, etc.
- Follow market trends and be aware of competitor offerings
- Develop innovative product recommendations based on business, technical, and opportunity assessments, utilising the gained domain experience
- In partnership with key business partners form and maintain the product vision. Represent vision and the functional requirements of the stake-holder community to delivery team, being the first source of information
- Convey the vision to the scrum team and organization
- Help broaden and deepen domain knowledge in Scrum teams
Scrum team leadership, organization and delivery
- Define and prioritize product roadmap and team backlog such that the solution effectively addresses program priorities while maintaining technical integrity
- Ensure product backlog is visible, open, and clear to all, and shows what the team will work on next. Communicate and ensure team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level required
- Author requirements, epics, user stories, tasks and timelines aligned with user/customer/market needs; ensures stories meet the "definition of ready" criteria; only team member with the authority to accept new user stories into the baseline
- Manage, lead and mentors team members on how to execute the product vision / roadmap.
Strong stakeholder management
- Identify partner's needs, negotiate priorities between competing interests, and then collaborate with developers to ensure that the requirements are implemented effectively.
- Keep customers &/or users apprised of status and gather their feedback - testing, validating hypotheses regarding their needs
- Seek to ensure quantifiable and qualitative benefits are identified and committed by the business before starting a new major initiative
- Ability to take on the client or internal user perspective
- 3-5 years’ experience in product management, digital topics and/or change-management in Private Banking or Wealth Management Industry. Experience in Portfolio, CRM and/or Suitability is an advantage.
- Proficient in agile development process
- Business development competence
- Strong desire to reach business results
- Outstanding business insight as well as Project and/or (IT) Product Management Skills
- Strong consulting approach with experience presenting to or advising executive level management
- Passion for excellence, digital space, process efficiency and finding joy in building something new
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Analytical and confident personality and can build strong positive relationships in order to communicate effectively with the various functions
- Qualification of a college or higher education in business/economics/technology
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.