We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours: do the right thing, better together and never settle, as well as our brand promise: Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture, one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Financial Markets Technology function is responsible for the systems development and technology infrastructure which underpin the Bank's services for Financial Markets clients. Among the investments into the Financial Markets (FM) infrastructure, the Strategic FM re-platforming (SFMRP) programme aims to transition FM businesses and support functions from legacy Trade Processing systems to the strategic Front to Back FM platform. Its current objective is to migrate all Derivatives (excl. Equities) from Murex 2.11 to the strategic FM platform.
This programme supervises the build out the strategic FM platform components for Transaction Processing:
- Blade (User Interface for pricing, execution, booking and post-trade events),
- SABRE STELLA (Trade Life-cycling engine),
- SABRE TDS (Trade Data Services),
- RATAN ONE (One Stop UI for FM Operations),
- CDU PS (Confirmations),
- Razor (Settlements),
- DQSL (Data Query Service Layer) and SSDR (Self-Service User Reporting).
- It also covers their integration with the bank's strategic platforms for traded risk, market risk, counterparty credit risk, Finance, Operations, Regulatory Transaction reporting and all reference and market data golden sources.
The Front to Back Test lead
will be responsible for the definition and successful execution of the overall stream level test strategy and execution.
The role entails the following responsibilities:
- Manage and deliver the end-to-end testing programme from local system integration to Group system integration involving multiple onshore and offshore systems across multiple departments / functions
- Manage the User Engagement for the purpose of user acceptance testing and signof
- Manage the test execution (execution tracking, defect management)
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Define Stream level test approach (component test, regression test, integration test, user acceptance test and performance test)
- Define Stream level test governance (roles and responsibilities, communication channels, test tracking and efficiency metrics framework)
- Deliver the test activities pre-requisites (tooling and automation, instrumentation, test environment management, test cases and expected results definition, test data management)
- Work in collaboration with Project Managers, End Users, Business Analysts and Testing Team to understand requirements and agree on acceptance criterion
The Front to Back Test lead
will be part of the programme test team to deliver the 2023 business priorities of the programme:
- Egypt entity on-boarding
- China Linear Rates migration from Murex 2.11 to the new FM platform
- Loan IQ integration and on-boarding to the new FM platform
The Front to Back Test lead
will work closely with 20+ Squads front-to-back, Product Owners and the business functions impacted by the migration, namely: Sales, Trading, Counterparty Credit Risk and Market Risk, Middle-Office, Operations, Finance, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting.
This role offers a unique opportunity to:
· Get exposure to all Financial Markets business functions front-to-back
· Work in an agile environment on almost exclusively in-house systems using cutting-edge technologies People & Talent *
Regulatory & Business Conduct*
- Provide guidance and support to teams to support from delivery perspective
- Work with key appointment holders to ensure alignment of strategy across the Programme to ensure optimum allocation of project resources to each project based on skillet and objectives
- Establish rapport and strong relationships with key stakeholders
Key stakeholders *
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Technology Teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters .
Our Ideal Candidate
- Chief Product Owner
- Product Owners & Scrum Masters
- Delivery Leads
- Business Migration Manager
Role Specific Technical Skills and Competencies
- 10+ years of IT experience within the Banking Industry
- Thorough understanding of trade lifecycle and key business functions in Financial Markets
- Proven skills in co-ordination, staff management and leadership working with vendors and internal teams
- In depth knowledge of at least one Financial Markets asset class among FX Cash, Interest Rate Derivatives or FX Options. Optionally Credit Derivatives and Commodities
- Financial Markets technology background with experience in Test Managemen
- Must have experience on integration projects (>$10m) of in-house or vendor platforms ideally on a regional or global scale. Proven experience in co-ordination of many dependencies and multiple stakeholders in a complex, large-scale deployment environment
- Hands-on experience on one or more of these domains: Pricing & Execution, Trade Capture, Risk & PnL, Settlement & Confirmation or Transaction reporting
- Ability to manage a diverse and challenging stakeholders' community
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Degree in an IT related discipline
About Standard Chartered
- Application Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Agile Project Management
- System Testing Tools
- Good knowledge of Agile Practice and use of JIRA or equivalent
- XML - eXtensible Markup Language
- Knowledge of test automation (regression testing frameworks, performance testing, testing orchestration)
- Experience with an enterprise scale technical architecture of components / stacks (UI to back-end)
- Working knowledge of API integration, real-time messaging ideally in a micro-service architecture
- Data migration and/or Data Management via database or files
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers