Full Stack Developer - (Data Engineering)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Data Engineering organization aims to make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
Data Model Engineering provides the platform that unlocks the firm's data by providing the means to describe, access and manipulate it. It is the heart of a data-centric approach to application development. We engineer modelling languages, Software Development Lifecycle tools, large-scale operational services and portals for access and analysis to achieve this.
Our team design, build, and operate the firm's Legend data platform in the AWS and GCP clouds.Legend is a data management and data governance platform that provides both engineers and non-engineers a single solution to develop data-centric applications and derive data-driven insights. Legend automates some of the most difficult data governance challenges and provides self-service tools to democratize data and analytics. It is available as an open source platform through GitHub ready to be used by our clients and the world fully open and free of charge. As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will be able to work on this open sourced platform which not only brings real, tangible value for Goldman Sachs but also our peers and clients as well as greater standardization and efficiency across the entire financial industry.
Across the team we have various projects that aim to:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- curate, design and catalog high quality data models for reliable data access
- build highly scalable data processing logic for use across a wide range of data sets and applications
- build tooling to support the maintenance of the curated data sets & maintain data quality
- provide data-driven insight and decision-making critical to GS's business processes
- Define, design and build analytics and tools to manage and organize the metadata to help the firm discover and understand its data
- Participate in design discussions and reviews to shape the evolution of the data platform
- Support and educate our clients in their use of the platform
- 3-5 years of hands on development experience(Java/Full stack) with exposure to the full software development life cycle
- Familiar with design patterns, domain driven design and other software development best practices
- Relational database experience (e.g. Sybase, UDB) and/or ORM frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
- Excellent communications skills(written & oral) and the ability to work with subject matter experts
- Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
- Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
- Strong team player, required to work extensively with other teams both locally and globally
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Data visualization & data modelling experience.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity