Full Stack Senior Web & Mobile Developer
The Digital S/W Eng Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for executing and driving results on large-scale efforts or multiple smaller efforts and serving as a development lead for most medium and large projects. This includes expertise with application development methodologies and standards for program analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and implementation.
- Accountable for exhibiting a strong understanding of client core business functions.
- Required to support situations in which end user consultation is required to identify system function specifications and incorporate them into overall system design and delivery. Additionally, utilize comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas within technology to achieve technological objectives.
- Independent work style, requiring little or no guidance by more senior developers. Decisions will make a significant, measurable impact on the business goals for the client organization. During team discussions you will play a significant role with TPMs and engineering managers to determine potential risks to a schedule.
- Assist in the planning and managing of application development assignments generally involving large budgets, cross functional projects or multiple projects. This includes effectively understanding and analyzing both technical and business risks and impact.
- Expected to effectively communicate those risks to the business owners, so that they can make informed decisions.
- Accountable for providing guidance on architecturally significant efforts during the preplanning phase, and ensuring principles and best practices are followed prior to initiation of work. In doing so, closely watch and evaluate Digital roadmaps, including impacts to support upcoming journeys.
- Publish design review extensions, and provide documented guidance aligned to sprint plans and timelines.
- Be part of the design review board that will focus on the design process, search for generic patterns, and, at the same time, share best practices across the organization.
- Publish design patterns across lines of business and domain commonalities. Drive design reviews for Next Gen Architecture (NGA) and Plan of Record (POR) projects, supporting design principles and best practices.
- Participate in micro services and NGA code reviews.
- Empower SDEs and their teams by mentoring and coaching.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the business domain, the systems, and the products in your space. Understand their accountability, boundaries, limitations, scale factors and the reasons behind architectural decisions.
- Provide a long-term perspective for business and technology choices; using technical judgment to vet architecture as required.
- Able to direct teams on how to develop and deliver systems that are efficient with resource usage such as hardware, runtime, performance, load, and memory requirements.
- Responsible for broader design decisions and development of long-term strategies that significantly influence the development process and standards.
- Accountable for Design Reviews of Agile and Plan of Record (POR) projects as well as accountable for Code Reviews of Next Gen Architecture (NGA) projects and are expected to elaborate, promote and communicate Design Patterns applicable to NGA architectures and solutions.
- Accountable for providing architectural guidance to the SDE's based on best practices and in alignment with CTO guidelines and platform.
- Drive clarity and work with complete independence as business and or technical strategy is not defined.
- Provide the corresponding architectural guidance, and conduct design reviews and code reviews based on the projects assigned to your LOB. The product definition and technical planning is out of scope.
- Accountable for the overall strategy and for driving the teams inside and outside of your organization to deliver expected results. Drive mindful discussion with business and technical stakeholders that lead to timely decisions. Participate in discussions to drive smart trade-off decisions that balance efforts, delivery timelines, features, and technical constraints. Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations.
- Create plans that have a clear path to delivery. Solve for dependencies between agile and waterfall delivery efforts. Help your teams organize for delivery while maximizing resources for the greater good of the Digital organization. Understand engineering best practices and apply best practices to the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Accountable for Design Reviews for Citi Agile and POR projects as well as Code Reviews for the NGA projects. Accountable for providing architectural guidance to the SDE's based on best practices and in alignment with CTO guidelines and platform. Elaborate, promote and communicate Design Patterns applicable to NGA architectures and solutions.
- Elaborate, bring and communicate clear metrics on Design Reviews, Code Reviews, CI/CD and Design Patterns adoption.
- Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels. Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement continuous improvement and the induction of new technology. Demonstrate examples of influence in scrum teams beyond your own area of focus.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in an Apps Development role or senior level experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Exhibit expertise in all aspects of technology by understanding broader patterns and techniques as they apply to Citi's internal and external cloud platforms (AWS, PCF, Akamai)
- Lead resources and serve as a functional SME across the company through advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, networking, use of knowledge and experience to lead, architect, and drive broader adoption forward.
- Acquire relevant technology and financial industry skills (AWS PWS) and understand all aspects of NGA technology - including innovative approaches and new opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge on automating code quality, code performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Citibank Global Consumer Banking business focuses on leveraging Citi's deep global footprint to maximize consumer benefits while delivering a consistent and enhanced client-centric banking experience. The products and services under Citi's Consumer Banking include retail banking, wealth management, credit cards and loans for individual retail customers. A great selection of these products and services has been developed to cater today's customer needs and lifestyle, and now more than ever before are enabled through Citi's digital channels. As we continue to provide with the most relevant products and services we not only look forward to being customer's bank of choice but also to talent's first choice. The Consumer Technology division is embarking on a digitally served customer-centric journey and we call out for passionate professionals that want to make waves in the digital banking sector. This role offers abundant opportunities to further hone your technical expertise and obtain skills on the latest digital technology on web and mobile application. It offers exposure in the Planning phase of the Digital Roadmap, and allows to see through its execution to success. The candidate needs to constantly stay ahead of the technological curve, possessing excellent grasps of emerging technologies, so as to help develop cutting-edge digital applications for Citibank. Committed to continuously identify and implement architectural enhancements to improve performance, user experience, scalability, code quality, development productivity and reduction of cost of ownership. Devises detailed and impeccable master plans to ensure no breakage and interruption of services as Citibank upgrades its architecture. Collaborate with various stakeholders, such as Business Seniors and Technology Seniors, including Infrastructural organization to ensure the end-to-end integration and deployment of refreshed architecture.
- Passionate about technology, exhibiting high level of awareness for emerging technologies, as well as in-depth understanding of the technologies' opportunities and implication to Digital Banking.
- It is a huge advantage if the candidate is a full stack developer and an avid contributor in the Open Source community (e.g. Github) and/or Technology Knowledge Markets (e.g. Stack Overflow, Expert Exchange)
- Candidate must be strong in software architectural design and analytical skills
- Good hands-on experience in Cloud Deployment, including but not limited to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Excellent hands-on experience in MicroService/API development, including but not limited to SpringBoot, Node.js and API Gateways
- Possesses high design principles in API signature designs to develop high quality applications with attention to details on UI/UX.
- Excellent technical design thinking; Good grasp of UI/UX concepts, able to propose and drive UI/UX changes, and able to present it in a simplified way
- Good understanding of Web Security, including OWASP Top 10 threats as well as their mitigation techniques
- Good experience in implementing and governing CI/CD processes, including Testing Automation
- Hands-on experience with NPM, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Selenium
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in practicing Agile Methodology
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence various stakeholders involved in the Digital Transformation
- For each of the requirements, the candidate should be prepared to demonstrate the validity of the claims
- Minimum 5 years of experience in digital development
- Bachelor and/or Masters in Computer Engineering or similar discipline
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .