Who we are looking for
This is a mid level management role within the Hedge Funds Fund Services Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Solutions Group. The position interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally and with senior level executives of State Street. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate strong initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and be capable of managing multiple and diverse assignments. The position is responsible for managing departments experiencing significant growth.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
What you will be responsible for
As a Fund Accounting Client Service Manager (Hedge Funds), you will
- Provide overall direction to team of staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial and operations goals and objectives.
- Responsible for development and execution of overall business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street.
- Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff. Address employee concerns and sensitivities.
- Review and approve NAV files in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to staff within span of control.
- Responsible for developing department budget and staffing projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded business.
- Monitors and approves department expenses.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
- Develop ideas for new products and services to expand business opportunities and better meet client needs.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
- Represent the organization internally and externally as a senior level executive of State Street.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Allocates and coordinates resources including staff allocation, space and procurement of necessary equipment.
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and task force assignments.
- Provide leadership in areas outside of the division
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Detail-oriented mindset, ability to spot and distinguish minute differences in documents
- A sense of accountability, a customer-service mindset, as well as a talent at problem-solving in a fast-paced, deadline driven and ever-evolving business environment
- Strong organization and prioritization skills in an environment where outstanding tasks are continuously being updated.
- An aptitude for influencing and effectively communicating ideas to team members, senior management, and clients
- Ability to work independently, to coach, mentor, and lead initiative
- A polished, professional outlook and manner
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Candidate must have a university degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 7 years of accounting experience, including 2 to 3 years of supervisory and financial reporting experience is required.
- Experience in the Hedge Funds and Fund of Funds is required.
- Strong computer skills are required, especially Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.