Who we are looking for
This supervisory position is within the Private Equity Fund Services business unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
Fund Administration Managers, Officers interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. Fund Administration Managers are responsible to direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accounting and Administration you will
- Manage and maintain day-to-day communications with the clients
- Manage communications with investment professionals, other client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditors, bankers etc.
- Engage in the thorough review and understanding of investment fund legal documents, including complete understanding of partnership allocations and distribution waterfalls
- Adhere to State Street Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) strict internal control procedures.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly client deliverables are meet
- Display ability to performance variance analysis to explain significant movements from quarter to quarter.
- Review quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals, partner capital allocations and tax work paper packages.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Review limited partnership agreements and offering memorandums and ensure compliance with operational and accounting procedures
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firms
- Undertake full review of calculation and verbiage on Limited Partner capital calls and distributions.
- Undertake full review of accounting work paper packages, fees calculations, financial statements and other reports and communications to Limited Partners
- Review quarterly management fee, waterfall, capital account calculations.
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
- Demonstrate good management skills and the ability to work well with others, individually and within a group.
- Assist with development and implementation of training all levels of accounting staff
- Supervision of subordinate staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Staff)
- Integrate new business/client onboarding
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Candidate must have a university degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 8 years of accounting experience, including 2 to 3 years of supervisory and financial reporting experience is required.
- Specific experience in the private equity/real estate industry is a plus, but not required.
- Strong computer skills are required, especially Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.