Overview of Role/Principle Responsibilities:
Fund Operations provides comprehensive operational and coordination support on Fund related matters.
Key functions consist of oversight on accounting and valuation, transfer agency activities and other third parties service providers on Fund Operational matters which include Fund's audits and Fund's tax compliance.
The team also involved in servicing internal and external client's request and queries.
Performs various forms of Fund related reporting such as internal management reports, regulatory reporting, insurance client's reports and other ad hoc reports from internal and external clients.
Require to work closely with both internal and external parties on Fund launches, rationalisation and other business initiatives.
Key Responsibilities :
Skills and Behaviours Required :
- Oversight and Sign off on Funds' accounting and valuation
- Review FATCA and CRS (existing but not limited to) regulatory requirements and coordinate regulatory reporting
- Assist with other Fund reporting such as management reporting, regulatory reporting and any ad hoc reporting
- Client (Retail and Institution) servicing
- Assist Head of Department with new business initiatives and projects
- Oversight and arranged annual due diligence visit on key outsourced Fund related service provides
- Ensure timely recording and maintaining of key statistics for MI reporting and management of service providers KPIs
- Facilitate in review and update of department's procedure manual
- Review Fund's invoices before sending it to HOD and Trustee for signoff and Fund administrator for payment
- Facilities in all Fund Operations related matters for SG Funds launch
- Provides guidance to team Specialist on BAU related matters.
- Knowledge of how funds work and unit trust structure
- A strong working knowledge of transfer agency and fund administration processes
- A significant level of fund operations experience
- Good with Microsoft applications, including Excel to an intermediate level
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of supervising or mentoring people
- Good at analysing and solving problems
- Able to prioritise and manage activities for the benefit of the business
- Be a good team player and be willing to help out others when necessary
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Tertiary qualifications
Discharge of responsibilities
The role holder shall ensure that all their responsibilities are performed to the highest levels of integrity, quality and transparency and in a manner most likely to promote the success of the Schroders Group, taking into account the interests of key stakeholders including clients, employees, regulators, suppliers and society as a whole.
In discharging their responsibilities the individual shall establish appropriate oversight and control structures for all areas under their control where needed.
In discharging their responsibilities the role holder shall
- Ensure Head of Fund Operations, Singapore is made aware of any issues which the Fund Operations Lead Specialist deems material
- Provide to the Head of Fund Operations, Singapore an annual assessment of their own performance against objectives agreed with them
Where applicable, the role holder must fulfil his/her responsibilities for their Committee Memberships
This role is within an entity/or entities which are covered by the UK's Senior Manager and Certification Regime. As such, the role holder is required to comply with the following Individual Conduct Rules:
Rule 1: You must act with integrity
Rule 2: You must act with due skill, care and diligence
Rule 3: You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, PRA and any other regulators
Rule 4: You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
Rule 5: You must observe proper standards of market conduct We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.