Global Category Lead, Functions
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
Leads and Manages the Supply Chain Management (" SCM
") Infrastructure category management team. The role's requirements are:
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Leads and manages the SCM Functions Technology team with responsibility for managing approximately $200m of annual supplier spend.
- Manage the relationships with the Functions CIO and other senior members of that organisation to shape their vendor strategy.
- Lead the commercial aspects of the strategic transition programmes currently underway in the Finance and HR space.
- Analyse existing spend and contract data, understand market trends and utilise research material to identify new transformational opportunities. Present and influence T&I to adopt these strategies to significantly improve the T&I delivery across the bank.
- Review the relevant bank expense lines that align to sourcing categories in order to understand the nature of such expenditure with the objective of optimisation and cost reduction through Supply, Demand, Governance or spend compliance actions.
- Ensures that business sourcing strategies are developed in conjunction with the T&I Functions and use them to drive greater commercial benefit for the firm.
- Lead the execution of Strategic Sourcing initiatives that will deliver sourcing solutions that meet the needs of our bank wide stakeholders in a cost effective and optimised manner.
- Manages supplier risk to establish a stable supply chain that allows the bank to provide uninterrupted services to its stakeholders.
- Manage the SCM T&I Functions team, ensuring a high quality of delivery across the team to support the T&I function.
- Monitor the team's performance against the SCM Scorecard and put actions in place throughout the year to meet Scorecard targets.
- Ensure that direct reports have development plans in place and are developing in accordance with those plans.
- Effectively manage direct reports in terms of workload management, task sharing, regular 'one to one' meetings, supporting deal execution as applicable and providing direct feedback.
- Own and drives the overall global SCM cost savings target for the Functions and FSTS team.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical conduct, ensuring that Fraud and ABC risk are mitigated in all sourcing events.
- Understand the business and T&I functional strategies to enable SCM business alignment so relevant procurement strategies are developed to support those needs.
- Create a sourcing strategy that includes cost reduction (including needs assessment, demand management etc.), innovation, risk mitigation and sustainability components.
- Explore and leverage strategic supplier partnerships opportunities to further the use of preferred suppliers
- Develop strong stakeholder engagements at the senior levels to ensure that a vendor strategy is developed for the Functions business area.
- Ensure the intrinsic business value of the SCM category management framework is communicated and understood by the business.
- Assist stakeholders in achieving their strategic objectives through careful sourcing of relevant suppliers to fulfill their needs.
- Define opportunities covering the Supply, Demand and Governance aspects of the supply chain and detail the specific actions that will optimise the consumption of the categories products or services
- Create cost efficiencies and support expense line management by directly mapping saves to the GL
People and Talent
- Lead the GCMs to produce best practises for each category and communicate these globally.
- Ensure stakeholders understand their obligations under the Third Party Risk Management policy and procedures.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Develop skillset of hub - based resource to be able to compliment onshore team.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CIO of Functions
- T&I Functions Management Team
- T&I Finance team
- Supply Chain Management Leadership Team
- Comprehensive and demonstrable knowledge and direct 8+ Year's experience of procurement and associated processes in large multi-national organisations preferably finance
- Strategic context with ability to work collaboratively within the Team and the Bank in formulating strategies involving sourcing and suppliers to deliver business value
- Strategic thinking & decision making at functional, project, relationship and vendor level
- Strong team leadership & development skills to lead a motivated team - with an ability to operate in complex multi-organisation, multi-country and multi-cultural environments
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills, at all levels of the organisation and into supplier organisations.
- Self motivated and confident with the enthusiasm and determination to succeed
- Ability to research, document, develop and manage Strategic relationships using both objective and subjective metrics
- Comprehensive knowledge of technology categories and associated market suppliers
- Advanced commercial skills
- Experience negotiating with SAP for ERP systems would be an advantage
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to manage senior Technology leaders.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.